KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast

Recent Topics
Recent Pictures
thumb_1492726062-20170420_094015.jpg
thumb_1491582663-thumb_23.jpg
Current Quote
"To educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
~ Teddy Roosevelt
Username Post: Stained Maple Utility w/ Bronze...        (Topic#943466)
J. Doyle
Master Member KnifeNut!
03-12-17 05:18.53 - Post#2628748    

I got some really great photos of this knife that I made a while back. I posted it before but wanted to give it a clearer view with the better pics and showcase the outstanding leather work from my friend and sheath maker Claude Scott.

It's a hand forged blade from 80CrV2 steel with silicon bronze fittings and a stained curly/quilted/beeswing maple handle. The blade has what I will be referring to from henceforth as a 'French Patina' (French's brand yellow mustard in layman's terms , sounds so much classier, doesn't it? ).

All comments and discussion welcome.

I really want to say thanks to Coop for these fine pics. I'm always impressed by the way Jim manages to catch ALL the details and features of a knife in only an image or two, instead of the 8 or 9 it would take me to show the same details. And he does it in such a clear and striking way each time, with impressive layouts. My hat is off to you Jim. You're a true professional.

Attachment

Berkley
Master Member KnifeNut!
03-14-17 01:17.00 - Post#2628769    

In response to J. Doyle

I keep looking for the "LIKE" button's heart symbol when you post such beauties!

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast
KnifePromotions

arenaro@verizon.net

FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.036 seconds.  Total Queries: 7  Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-12.0). Current time is 03:30.07
This page is cached. Next refresh in 2.4 minutes.