KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast

Recent Topics
Recent Pictures
thumb_1492726062-20170420_094015.jpg
thumb_1491582663-thumb_23.jpg
Current Quote
"To educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
~ Teddy Roosevelt
Username Post: New to site and small knife questio        (Topic#943291)
KDHAYES
12-22-16 02:47.09 - Post#2628008    

Hello all , I'm not new to knives but I'm sure my terminology will be poor at first.
I have an old Masonic pen knife that was meant to be worn around the neck. It has a swiveling ring at one end that is poorly pinned and has had one of the blades replaced with a different blade.
It looks like the pin could be removed and the sides of the knife slide towards the other end to remove.
I would like to remove the blades and replace them with blades from an old Old Timer of the same size.
What type and where can I find the pin ?
Trying to load a photo but having trouble.
Thanks.

Edited by Berkley on 12-22-16 07:08.28. Reason for edit: The Topic: New to site and small knife questio was moved from The Newbies Forum to General Knife Discussion by Berkley. Reason: Moved to General for hopefully more views & responses

Berkley
Master Member KnifeNut!
12-22-16 04:10.38 - Post#2628009    

In response to KDHAYES

• KDHAYES Said:

Trying to load a photo but having trouble.

Welcome to KnifeForums.
Good photos will be very helpful in trying to answer your questions.

Picture hosting here on the forum is free, and easy once you get the hang of it.

Use the "Reply" button to open a new window in this thread, then click "Manage files". When the "File Manager" window opens, use "Choose File" to locate the picture of your knife on the hard drive of your computer, highlight the file name, click "Open" and click "Add". When the file has loaded in "Attached Files", hit the bottom button beside it, then hit "Finished". Scroll down to the bottom of the text window and hit "Add Post". Sounds sort of complicated, but it's really not.

KDHAYES
12-22-16 06:00.11 - Post#2628011    

In response to Berkley

Thanks for the help.
It says my file size is too large.
I'll keep at it.

KDHAYES
12-22-16 06:17.24 - Post#2628012    

In response to KDHAYES

Checking to see if it loaded.
This a photo of a knife that is identical to mine. I need a photo manager for my phone.

Attachment

Edited by KDHAYES on 12-22-16 06:19.25. Reason for edit: No reason given.

antonio_luiz
Master Member KnifeNut!
12-24-16 11:28.09 - Post#2628055    

In response to KDHAYES

Good luck with the restoration. Unless you are conversant with repairing folders I suggest you have it done professionally - but the cost of the work will exceed the value of the restored knife by several orders of magnitude - and the knife will no longer be original

If you are merely wanting a Masonic-symbolled knife then these are still available new as well as 2nd hand in good condition
I'm paranoid only cause everyone's out to get me!

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast
KnifePromotions

arenaro@verizon.net

FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.115 seconds.   Total Queries: 118   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-12.0). Current time is 07:07.01