KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast

Recent Members
Welcome them to our community!
Recent Topics
Recent Pictures
thumb_1483411311-MVP_187-188bb.jpg
Current Quote
"Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar."
~
122 Online Now
0 viewable users (
    ) and 0 hidden plus 122 guests are online now.
    Username Post: Value of this Strider knife        (Topic#942642)
    IceColdBeery
    05-10-16 08:47.37 - Post#2625444    

It has been a long while since I have been involved with the knife collecting community. Miss it a lot wish I could afford to start collecting again.

Years ago I did some work for MD Tactical designing their website and a cover for their Shivworks DVD's. They payed me in part with this custom Mick Strider SMF Nightmare Recurve.

Unfortunately it's one of those times where I must sell my possessions to make good on other financial responsibilities. I hate to do it, it is great piece and I love recurves particularly. Because I never purchased this one outright, I have no idea what I should be selling it for. Especially these days. Can't find one exactly like it to compare it to, so I was hoping to get some help.

Not sure exactly when it was made. I do recall it was right when they started putting the Hinderers on them. 2004/05 maybe.

Anyways, I hate to part with it but if it is worth enough to help I can't justify keeping it. I hope it is not inappropriate to ask its worth here. If I decide to sell it I will not post links to sell without going through appropriate channels.

ytreich
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    06-20-16 11:27.47 - Post#2626052    

In response to IceColdBeery

I don't think there's anything wrong with your post. I think the forum asks for a small amount if you sell a knife here.

I don't know anything about Strider putting Hinderer on anything, so not sure what you mean.

Could you please take a picture of the lockbar engaging the blade, please?
    Trust me, for I like big butts and I cannot lie.

xeodguy
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    09-27-16 07:18.43 - Post#2627121    

In response to IceColdBeery

A Mick Strider custom (MSC for short) with the nightmare grind should go for about $1500, probably more if you connect with the right buyer. There are a couple of MSCs for sale on one of the other forums, one at $1650, another at $1900. Keep in mind those are asking prices, not sold prices. I'm pretty sure you have a SmF Trisula.

Edited by xeodguy on 09-27-16 07:20.34. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
    Print Topic

KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast
    KnifePromotions

arenaro@verizon.net

FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
    Execution time: 0.193 seconds.   Total Queries: 74   Zlib Compression is on.
    All times are (GMT-12.0). Current time is 22:46.22