KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast

Recent Topics
Recent Pictures
thumb_1492726062-20170420_094015.jpg
thumb_1491582663-thumb_23.jpg
Current Quote
"To educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
~ Teddy Roosevelt
Username Post: Does this forum still exist?        (Topic#942531)
AFkitchenkniveguy
Master Member KnifeNut!
04-13-16 17:34.12 - Post#2625006    

I joined a long time ago and occasionally check in, but there is nothing going on here anymore. Looks like the last post is in January 2015. What happened?

Jason

olpappy
Master Member KnifeNut!
06-07-16 06:29.44 - Post#2625871    

In response to AFkitchenkniveguy

don't know if you will ever see this but seems their server crashed and lost a bunch of content. However before that there was already nothing going on.... some spam posts. PM me if you want to talk, it's really too bad this used to be a great forum.

antonio_luiz
Master Member KnifeNut!
06-11-16 08:56.08 - Post#2625915    

In response to olpappy

This used to be a great sub-forum but very quiet now - pity really

I blame interpersonal conflicts and changing circumstances. Some of the heavy posters have set up their own forums
I'm paranoid only cause everyone's out to get me!

olpappy
Master Member KnifeNut!
06-12-16 16:57.34 - Post#2625926    

In response to antonio_luiz

I really don't' understand it, because I would expect a certain number of new members joining KF over time, not just old timers. One thing for sure, there is not much content/discussion going on to attract participation. I suppose it would benefit if everyone would post some interesting topics to discuss; I will try to post more often.

BJ aka Mod 12
Master Member KnifeNut!
07-25-16 05:04.25 - Post#2626455    

In response to antonio_luiz

I know I found a couple of cooking forums I like but even they have grown stale.

I see my favorite sub forum has been put to the pasture. Where is Gollinick?

I have collected a tremendous amount of recipes and know there is no way I'll ever cook one percent of them.

My problem is I have all the knives I want, as well as guns, and being in my late 60's won't become an operator any time. One day will have a heck of a sale as my kids are not interested.

olpappy
Master Member KnifeNut!
07-31-16 05:44.05 - Post#2626519    

In response to BJ aka Mod 12

Better start selling them now!

noguchihideyo
Journeyman KnifeNut!
08-14-16 18:29.38 - Post#2626728    

When searching about knives these days, I almost always end up at kitchenknifeforums.com

Here used to be the go to place for kitchen knives info but it seems that's no longer the case. Dunno why. Kinda sad.

antonio_luiz
Master Member KnifeNut!
08-15-16 12:49.26 - Post#2626734    

In response to noguchihideyo

The expertise that excelled here has kinda been scattered to the winds

This used to be the best forum for kitchen knives but I believe that after some personality clashes and changing priorities many of the main contributors have either lost interest or moved onto other forums e.g. http://www.chefknivestogoforum.com/...

I'm paranoid only cause everyone's out to get me!

studio japan
03-16-17 12:36.19 - Post#2628801    

yea, it's funny how things can change sometimes. I still dig this site, but indeed it has slowed down. On the other hand, some of the other "sites" have faaaaar too much babble and self aggrandizement going on to the point of being nauseating. Some of the best reads ever were right here. "there" it's the same 5-10 chatterboxes praising each other the whole time… lol
It comes down to us being active, period. I'll have to start paying attention to all the misc stuff in the kitchen that might be of interest… I can't really tell anymore, I guess I'm just too jaded… lol
Cheers none the less!

Err
Master Member KnifeNut!
04-12-17 09:28.34 - Post#2629153    

In response to noguchihideyo

• noguchihideyo Said:
When searching about knives these days, I almost always end up at kitchenknifeforums.com

Here used to be the go to place for kitchen knives info but it seems that's no longer the case. Dunno why. Kinda sad.

Talking of sad, the rule below reason is the I don't go to KKF. I never expected it from him! I don't even sell my knives but seriously what kind of person bans everyone from mentioning the fact you make knives and expects hobbyists to pay him!

• Quote:
Attention all Knifemakers!.....Product dealers/retailers and/or knife makers/sharpeners/hobbyis ts (etc) are not permitted to insert business related text/videos/images (company/company name/product references) and/or links into your signature line, your homepage url (within the homepage profile box), within any posts, within your avatar, nor anywhere else on this site. Market research (such as asking questions regarding or referring to products/services that you make/offer for sale or posting pictures of finished projects) is prohibited. These features are reserved for supporting vendors and hobbyists.....Also, there is no need to announce to the community that you are a knifemaker unless you're trying to sell something so please refrain from sharing. Thanks for your co-operation!

Edited by Err on 04-12-17 09:30.30. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast
KnifePromotions

arenaro@verizon.net

FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.112 seconds.   Total Queries: 187   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-12.0). Current time is 07:53.22