KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast

Recent Topics
Recent Pictures
thumb_1490310452-IMG_20170323_125412.jpg
thumb_1489339104-FlynnHunter2SM.jpg
Current Quote
"To educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
~ Teddy Roosevelt
 Page 2 of 2 All<12
Username Post: Just for Grins        (Topic#942194)
Daniel Nighteyes
Master Member KnifeNut!
01-28-15 10:16.37 - Post#2624309    

In response to Daniel Nighteyes

Okay, here we go. These were first named as "Six-inch Fighting/Utility Knives" by Cole. Our own Frank T. has called them "Six-inch Hunting Knives." Either way, they have 6-inch single-edged blades and have similar overall profiles.

All of Mine as a Group:

Next come the three "Quartermaster" knives. The top one is the Cattaraugus, the middle one is marked "Case XX", and the bottom one has the simpler and much less common "Case" marking.

The next two are also by Case. First is the rather rare double-edged Case, followed by the much-more-common "regular" Case.

Attachment

Daniel Nighteyes
Master Member KnifeNut!
01-28-15 10:48.54 - Post#2624312    

H-m-m-m. Got "bumped out" while creating this next entry. Here goes again:

Ka-Bar "Commando" Knives. These handles are just about the most comfortable I've ever "handled". The top knife is obviously plated (sorry about that), and the blade has fullers. The bottom one is the much less common flatground (no fullers) parkerized version.

Western Cutlery "Sharks" (3) and "Baby Shark" (1). Note that only the second one has a bright blade; the rest are blued. Also note that only one has the flat, washer pommel.

Up next is a Robeson Shuredge 6-incher. I have another one around here somewhere...

Kinfolks Cutlery. Note that the top one has no fullers -- rare. Also note that the second one has a plastic pommel and a plastic guard.

The thing keeps crashing right about here, so I'm gonna quit (temporarily) while I can.

Attachment

Edited by Daniel Nighteyes on 01-28-15 10:54.17. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Daniel Nighteyes
Master Member KnifeNut!
01-28-15 11:04.00 - Post#2624313    

Okay we're in the home stretch. Hopefully I can get through without having the thing crash on me again.

Up next are three knives that are similar, but come from three manufacturers -- Queen City, Williams, and a "mystery-mark" that is a simple "S.C.C." They also sort-of resemble the Robeson Shuredge.

And last but not least, the ubiquitous PAL RH-36 accompanied by a 6-inch Kutmaster and a 7-inch Kutmaster. (Yeah, I know, but I've got nowhere else to include it.)

Well, that's it from partly-cloudy Casa Nighteyes, where the air temperature is 66 degrees.

Attachment

Rey Zhourej
Journeyman KnifeNut!
01-28-15 12:00.43 - Post#2624318    

GREAT selection of knives Daniel!!!! I never realized there were so many variations. Could that one marked S.C.C. be Schrade Cutlery Co.? Sorry about your computer crashing.I was perusing this post when you were posting and I was having problems as well so it may not be your computer's fault.

dagger now
Master Member KnifeNut!
01-28-15 14:14.31 - Post#2624321    

In response to Rey Zhourej

awesome case dagger. that one and the western l76 have always eluded me. thanks for sharing.

Berkley
Master Member KnifeNut!
01-28-15 16:37.12 - Post#2624330    

Many thanks for your perseverance in overcoming the forum/computer gremlins to put all that together.
Most impressive!

Berkley
Master Member KnifeNut!
03-15-16 14:59.55 - Post#2624362    

In response to Berkley

This was one of the last posts that Daniel Nighteyes made before his untimely passing.
It is an example of the knowledge and intelligence that he brought to the forum. He is deeply missed.
I'm glad that the recent disastrous loss of the forum's collective memory did not affect his posts.

dagger now
Master Member KnifeNut!
03-16-16 12:30.38 - Post#2624375    

In response to Berkley

Well said Mr. Berkley.

Woodstock
Master Member KnifeNut!
03-29-16 09:09.23 - Post#2624621    

In response to Rey Zhourej

• Rey Zhourej Said:
Here's a couple to start out...Hope it's OK to throw in a couple of non-military issue.

Can you identify your knives?

Page 2 of 2 All<12
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast
KnifePromotions

arenaro@verizon.net

FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.149 seconds.   Total Queries: 172   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-12.0). Current time is 04:03.23