KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast

Recent Topics
Recent Pictures
thumb_1490310452-IMG_20170323_125412.jpg
thumb_1489339104-FlynnHunter2SM.jpg
Current Quote
"To educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
~ Teddy Roosevelt
 Page 2 of 2 All<12
Username Post: Roselli Hunter Project        (Topic#940285)
Pointshoot
Journeyman KnifeNut!
11-04-14 08:07.40 - Post#2617770    

In response to foxhunter

Great work Goert !

If you don't mind my asking, what sized gloves do you wear ? I wear XL (extra large). Its not that I have super big, meaty hands - but I do have long fingers. I find that often knife handles are too small in terms of circumference and how long they are. Makes it more tiresome to use for a long time and is more difficult with numb fingers or when wearing gloves in cold weather. A big reason I am thinking about getting more Scandinavian knives is that they design handles for use in cold conditions. Also, I'm liking the knives I have with full exposed metal tangs much less as the weather gets cold. The cold of an exposed steel tang penetrates your hands. (A reason I like the Fallkniven F1 and H1 with synthetic handles, but I find the handles of the S1 and A1 to be too small for the blade length IMO.)

I've been contemplating trying a Roselli Hunter and wondered if its handle might even be too big. Have only seen photos, not one in person.

Thanks for any further comments you might make on this subject. All the best, - - -

monkeyboy
Master Member KnifeNut!
12-29-14 07:35.04 - Post#2621958    

In response to Pointshoot

I did not know the handle was as big . I can see why the modification.
I have been looking for a Roselli on the secondary market for sometime but have missed out so far.
I might get lucky

Buzz

Attachment

Igorrock
01-01-15 07:15.08 - Post#2622210    

In response to monkeyboy

Yes, before yours "fingerprints" Roselli was a puukko which means that you could use it to many different works with many different grips. Now it´s just a knife with one way to take a grip. But it´s yours so you do what you want.

Page 2 of 2 All<12
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast
KnifePromotions

arenaro@verizon.net

FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.072 seconds.   Total Queries: 92   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-12.0). Current time is 09:33.18