KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast

Recent Topics
Recent Pictures
thumb_1492726062-20170420_094015.jpg
thumb_1491582663-thumb_23.jpg
Current Quote
"To educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
~ Teddy Roosevelt
 Page 1 of 4 1234
Username Post: Spyderco Military C36GBK passaround        (Topic#934385)
jhillas
Master Member KnifeNut!
10-02-13 16:59.13 - Post#2568135    

The ultimate Spyder

The C36 Military - this one has Black Plainedge S30V Goodness, Black G10 Scales

****Note that this knife has a four inch blade!! Make sure it is legal for you to receive, carry and ship this knife in your location. That is up to you to know!****

The knife was donated by Spyderco for us to play with. It can be yours for a week. All you have to do is pay for shipping to the next person.

Passaround list:

1. Big Mike
2. JGKC9AYC
3. JMH58 <---- knife is here
4. haromj15

Cornicus has withdrawn

------------------------- ------------------------- ------------------------- ------------------------- --------------------

Spyderco Military G-10
A cornerstone in Spyderco's Save and Serve line up, the Military Model came about after someone asked Spyderco's owner Sal Glesser, "If your son were going into the military what folding knife would you send him with?" For certain, it had to meet the requirements of a high-performance, light-weight folder designed for hard use.

Since the steel is the spirit of the knife, CPM S30V seemed the logical choice for the blade given its reputation for long-term edge retention and rust resistance. The 'Millie' has a modified clip-point blade laser cut with a 14 mm Spyderco Round Hole for quick deployment and for use with gloves. Texturing above the hole hold the thumb in contact with the blade's spine during cutting for confident control over the sharpened edge. The handle scales are G-10 with the lock's liner nested (inlayed) directly into the scale, pumping up lock strength without the addition of bulky liners. Spacers between the scales create a gap running the handle's full length exposing the inside workings for inspection and cleaning. The handle flares slightly at the front end creating a finger choil and at the butt end, which keeps the knife from slipping forward or backward in the hand while sawing or making tough or aggressive cuts. A contoured black metal clip is set for right-hand tip-down carry.
Made in Golden, Colorado U.S.A. Earth

length overall 9.5" (241 mm) blade length 4" (102 mm) blade steel CPM S30V
length closed 5.5" (140 mm) cutting edge 3.687" (94 mm) weight 4.2 oz (120 g)
blade thickness .156" (4 mm) handle material G-10

Rules:

This will be open to any 18+ year old knifeforums member but is restricted to folks within the US only, sorry.

We reserve the right to determine who can or cannot participate on a case by case basis.

Pass order will be sign up order. Pass limited at my discretion

It is up to you to make sure you comply with all laws to legally receive, possess, and ship the knife.

Post here that you are interested and then PM your info to me: (A- forum name, B- real name, C- address, D- email address, and E- phone number.)

You Must Post here when you receive it and keep the knife for a few days, but no more than one week max.

You accept responsibility for the knife and you accept that it is your responsibility to get it to the next person. Do not throw the knife, or use it to pry or hammer or do any type of test (“spine whack”) that would damage it. You break it, you buy it. If it needs sharpening, sharpen it unless you just don’t feel confident in your sharpening skills. Please clean it and/or wipe it off before mailing it on.

PM/Email the next person in line to get their address but also to alert them that the package is ready to ship. Package well in a box (not in an envelope) with sufficient padding that the contents do not rattle and sufficient tape that it stays secure.

(Yes, the moderator already has the address of the next person, but you go ahead and handle this. There are good reasons.)

Notify the passaround moderator if there is a problem or delay.

You Must Post here when you mail it on.

Use USPS Priority with Delivery Confirmation or other secure, trackable type of postage. It is your responsibility to make sure it is delivered to the next person.

Note: it is absolutely critical that you agree to communicate when you receive it and when you send it on. Failure to do this causes problems. Communication is very important.

Share some thoughts and comments here.

Edited by jhillas on 11-23-13 01:49.38. Reason for edit: No reason given.

JGKC9AYC
10-05-13 16:41.32 - Post#2568572    

In response to jhillas

New guy here & probably ain't eligible, but if so, count me in!
I just lost my Kershaw Ken Onion while on vacation & am sick over it.
Looking for a replacement, so this might be a good opportunity.

Big Mike
Master Member KnifeNut!
10-06-13 04:36.31 - Post#2568625    

In response to JGKC9AYC

John, count me in.

It's been too long since I purchased a new Spyderco,

...the Military tops my list of the knives I've been looking at.

My thanks to you and to Spyderco for the opportunity.

PM incoming.

Big Mike

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Semper Vigilis

jhillas
Master Member KnifeNut!
10-06-13 06:34.35 - Post#2568632    

In response to Big Mike

Mike, you are all set.

JGK, I received your info but am still considering whether to include you given you just registered here and have just this one post.

I will send you an email later and lets discuss.

JGKC9AYC
10-08-13 18:49.19 - Post#2569009    

In response to jhillas

That's fine. I understand.
I'll await your e-mail to discuss anything you wish regarding this.
Thanks.

Cornicus
Journeyman KnifeNut!
10-21-13 11:02.53 - Post#2570857    

In response to jhillas

I'm in the "new guy" category, but I'd like to branch off from being a Benchmade snob. The axis lock is so sexy.. Naturally, my only Spydie is a Manix II XL.. With a cage ball lock.

I'd love to carry this, so if you think you'd be able to include me, I'd be honored. Maybe make the other new guys have to go after the more trusted people?

Thanks!

jhillas
Master Member KnifeNut!
10-22-13 00:42.57 - Post#2570961    

In response to Cornicus

Mike should be receiving this knife any day.

Cornicus, send me the info. I see 16 posts to date, and JGK has also posted a few more times than that initial first post. I am inclined to include you both.

What I am looking for is some confidence that you won't disappear with the knife. Although you are new here, maybe you have established some feedback on ebay or some other online place? If so, send me a PM (instead of posting here about that.)

Big Mike
Master Member KnifeNut!
10-22-13 12:37.20 - Post#2571089    

In response to jhillas

John, the knife was in my mailbox this evening.

I'll be taking it to the job-site in the morning, and letting my crew check it out.

Looks like it will be a hit among the men.

More to follow.

Big Mike

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Semper Vigilis

jmh58
Master Member KnifeNut!
10-23-13 00:29.19 - Post#2571159    

In response to jhillas

Sign me up.. Got a few Spydies but no Milles.. So.. Will give it a run.. John

jhillas
Master Member KnifeNut!
10-23-13 01:14.27 - Post#2571168    

In response to jmh58

Thanks guys.

Cornicus, send the remainder of your info and I will add you.

Page 1 of 4 1234
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast
KnifePromotions

arenaro@verizon.net

FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.101 seconds.   Total Queries: 185   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-12.0). Current time is 09:40.37