Recent Pictures
thumb_1486949455-LeedySmall.jpg
thumb_1486584393-2.JPG
thumb_1486584393-2.JPG
thumb_1486584393-2.JPG
thumb_1486584393-2.JPG
thumb_1485997912-MVPamberstag2.jpg
Current Quote
"To educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
~ Teddy Roosevelt
Username Post: ultimate attack weapon...        (Topic#932731)
mph33
07-03-13 22:58.05 - Post#2556160    

looking for a fixed blade between 4" and 5" long for edc. must come with a kydex sheath with a clip, not 440 stainless steel, and no wooden handel. since im in georgia, the law is no more than 5". i live in atlanta and where i dwell, some areas are pretty sketchy. i need a knife that can inflict some very serious damage if the situation arises. ftr, i am a non-violent convicted felon( charge is 16 years old) and firearms are not an option at all. i have a pregnant wife and i want to protect our family. i have some hand to hand combat skills and prefer an under hand grip. i need a radical design knife that can some serious trauma that will stop an attacker quick. i know a lot of people believe in just using a simple design and to master self defense skills before choosing a weapon. im an ex marine and can utilize a combat knife very well. what are people thoughts here about the Tops HKT or the Tops Back Bite? i'm somewhat leaning toward the HKT because it has a longer blade. sorry for the long post. thank you

http://www.topsknives.com/product_i...

Edited by mph33 on 07-03-13 22:59.17. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mph33
07-03-13 23:28.03 - Post#2556163    

In response to mph33

looking for a fixed blade between 4" and 5" long for edc. since im in georgia, the law is no more than 5". i live in atlanta and where i dwell, some areas are pretty sketchy. i need a knife that can inflict some very serious damage if the situation arises. ftr, i am a non-violent convicted felon( charge is 16 years old) and firearms are not an option at all. i have a pregnant wife and i want to protect our family. i have some hand to hand combat skills and prefer an under hand grip. i need a radical design knife that can cause some serious trauma that will stop an attacker quick. i know a lot of people believe in just using a simple design and to master self defense skills before choosing a weapon. im an ex marine and can utilize a combat knife very well. what are people's thoughts here about the Tops HKT or the Tops Back Bite? i'm somewhat leaning toward the HKT because it has a longer blade. any other suggestions would greatly be appreciated. sorry for the long post. thank you

http://www.topsknives.com/product_i...

wescobts
Master Member KnifeNut!
07-04-13 00:44.41 - Post#2556172    

In response to mph33

Here at KF we don't suggest knifes for SD. You would be better off out thinking the situation or just walk/run away.

Honestly you would be better off with a long staff than a knife. Keeping the distance between you and your attackers.

CQC is always dangerous, and unless trained, the outcome is usually bleak.

Big Mike
Master Member KnifeNut!
07-04-13 01:38.23 - Post#2556188    

In response to mph33

This is not a proper Topic for the Passing Lane Forum.

I'm moving it into the Combat Arts Discussion Forums.

PS - Multiple threads with the same question are confusing to both the OP and those responding.

I'm merging this thread into the original thread on this topic.

Big Mike

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Semper Vigilis

MikeStewart
Master Member KnifeNut!
07-04-13 02:21.34 - Post#2556193    

In response to mph33

A really nice Wooden Baseball Bat next to the Bed works very well.

It is also easier to explain to the police if you have to use it.

For carrying a knife as an EDC - that can be used defensively - you are FAR better off with something that looks like a Sporting knife and NEVER looks tactical.

Carrying a Tactical Looking knife is asking for Trouble.

The knives you show in your other post are exactly like knives that one should never carry as a defensive knife because of their look.

Police automatically think you have been carrying them for cutting humans. They look tactical so they ARE tactical.

Carrying a knife that looks like it is for cutting humans - Offensively or Defensively - Is "Intent to do Bodily Harm".(Usually a Felony)

You will have to convince the State's Attorney or a Judge that it is not.

I Thought very Highly of Ron Hood and I think very Highly of Buck Knives but I would NEVER carry a knife Called a Hoodlum.

Seems like a Legal Accident Waiting to happen.

Just My Humble Opinion.

Mike...................
BRKCA MIKE #01
NJKCA #041

"I Am America"

Bark River Facebook Group - Join Today

RIP Chris + 1

Big Mike
Master Member KnifeNut!
07-04-13 04:25.57 - Post#2556208    

In response to MikeStewart

Based on your other thread (Link) I think a staff or bat would be a wise choice.

Big Mike

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Semper Vigilis

nate j
Master Member KnifeNut!
07-05-13 14:25.50 - Post#2556372    

In response to Big Mike

I think our new friend has his heart in the right place, although I can't endorse his initial inclination re selection of tools.

The question he is really asking (and it is a reasonable one, IMHO), is "Given that I cannot legally carry or even possess a firearm, how best can I protect my growing family, particularly when we are somewhere outside our home?"

Lbet
Journeyman KnifeNut!
02-01-14 22:29.26 - Post#2587953    

In response to mph33

I have a cold steel black thorne walking stick for just this purposes. Nobody questions a walking cane. You can take it to the bank, to church, anywhere you need to go. They are all ndistructable, but still just a big club. I always carry one handed opening folder, but thats for utility first, defence only last ditch.

ytreich
Master Member KnifeNut!
02-15-14 05:12.11 - Post#2590134    

In response to Lbet

Are tasers just for girls with spare room in their purse?

Aren't they pretty good for defence?

Seems like the laws are pretty lax on them.
Trust me, for I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast
KnifePromotions

arenaro@verizon.net

FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.113 seconds.   Total Queries: 174   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-12.0). Current time is 21:58.36