KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast

Recent Topics
Recent Pictures
thumb_1490310452-IMG_20170323_125412.jpg
thumb_1489339104-FlynnHunter2SM.jpg
Current Quote
"To educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
~ Teddy Roosevelt
Username Post: PayPal        (Topic#931797)
NMPILGRIM
05-12-13 14:37.28 - Post#2548993    

I have bought a few knives from some of you guys and used PayPal. Now they want me to be 'verified.'
And 'attach' them to my checking account. I don't think so. The only person I allow to do that is one I trust a lot and have known for a long time, that would be my daughter.
They also have this really ugly credit card option. It really shouldn't be this hard to spend money! My unverified status seems to be working pretty good. I don't see that what they want be to do would help me any. What have you guys done?

nate j
Master Member KnifeNut!
05-12-13 16:32.11 - Post#2549014    

In response to NMPILGRIM

I haven't used PayPal for anything in a while, but I certainly agree with NOT giving them access to one's checking account.

Berkley
Master Member KnifeNut!
05-13-13 06:07.38 - Post#2549058    

In response to nate j

I've been a verified member of PayPal and used my checking account as my primary payment method for years. Paid for hundreds of purchases from Amazon, eBay, and numerous online merchants. Never had a problem. YMMV.

NMPILGRIM
05-13-13 07:27.36 - Post#2549068    

In response to Berkley

Thanks Berkley. I am afraid that my life experiences have turned me into a skeptical suspicious SOB.

Edited by NMPILGRIM on 05-13-13 07:28.52. Reason for edit: No reason given.

nate j
Master Member KnifeNut!
05-13-13 14:19.24 - Post#2549113    

In response to NMPILGRIM

• NMPILGRIM Said:
...a skeptical suspicious SOB.

I'm one for sure. I consider releasing my checking account info only on a "need-to-know" basis, and PayPal does not need to know.

Magicactus
Master Member KnifeNut!
01-01-14 08:12.55 - Post#2582431    

In response to NMPILGRIM

I would stay away from Paypal in the worst way. I have used it many times and then I was using it as a vendor... all of a sudden a few years ago they locked up my two accounts and froze my money... about ten thousand combined all due to a complaint from what was to be a customer but I refused the sale.

It took me over six months of arguing to get my money back. I decided Paypal was to crooked of an enterprise to every use in any way again and I will never use it even for those using their services just to slip credit card payments through.

Paypal is owned by and watched closely by the feds which will keep track of your purchases as well as have your credit card information to charge and bill you with whatever they want and once they take your money lets see if you have more money than they do to fight them for it.

PayPal Sucks Huge!!

Frank

brianWE
Master Member KnifeNut!
02-08-14 14:38.07 - Post#2589062    

In response to Magicactus

• Quote:
Paypal is owned by and watched closely by the feds which will keep track of your purchases as well as have your credit card information to charge and bill you with whatever they want and once they take your money lets see if you have more money than they do to fight them for it.

Wow!
If I didn't know that everything I read on the Internet is 100% true, I would call that "Loony Tunes".

Owned by the Feds?
That is a jaw-dropper.

And, using your credit card details illegally?
Absolutely frightening.

Someone should DO something.
Anything.
brianWE
The biggest obstacle in the search for Truth is the belief that you have it, already

drake16
02-20-17 17:34.28 - Post#2628614    

In response to NMPILGRIM

Most people won't understand but verified status on paypal is better than being unverified.

brianWE
Master Member KnifeNut!
02-21-17 11:35.07 - Post#2628627    

In response to drake16

You just responded to a three year old post.
A lot has happened over the past three years....mostly, we have lost 98% (my estimate) of our membership. And most of our Moderators.

But it's good to see some new members coming on board
brianWE
The biggest obstacle in the search for Truth is the belief that you have it, already

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast
KnifePromotions

arenaro@verizon.net

FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.083 seconds.   Total Queries: 174   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-12.0). Current time is 15:25.20