thumb_1406244502-apple1.jpg
thumb_1406242071-IMAG0183.jpg
thumb_1406138951-1.JPG
thumb_1405723916-IMG_1451.jpg
thumb_1405631397-6.JPG
thumb_1404764053-004.JPG
thumb_1404657528-DSC_0483.JPG
Current Quote
""A volunteer is a person who can see what others cannot see; who can feel what most do not feel. Often, such gifted persons do not think of themselves as volunteers, but as citizens - citizens in the fullest sense: partners in civilization."
"
~ George Herbert Walker Bush
203 Online Now
13 viewable users (
    ) and 0 hidden plus 190 guests are online now.
    Username Post: MINI AND BASIC BOLOS!        (Topic#922159)
    BILLB OKC
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    04-23-12 05:24.59 - Post#2464290    

I received them this morning.

Ray, you need to get one of these.

They are sweet.
    I love both but I can see how the Mini could be my EOD. I love thick, heavy blades such as these.

The Mini reminds me of my trail buddy.

Edited by BILLB OKC on 04-23-12 05:34.05. Reason for edit: No reason given.

BILLB OKC
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    04-23-12 05:40.26 - Post#2464292    

In response to BILLB OKC

that should read "every day carry".

typotypotypo

mongo
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    04-23-12 06:00.05 - Post#2464295    

In response to BILLB OKC

DANGITT! Here I was thinking that I'd be the first to get up an initial impression/review, but Bill beat me to it!

I just received my Grasso mini bolo about 5 minutes ago, and I must say that my initial impression is VERY favorable. I was a little concerned with what the sheath would be, but it was shipped with a very nice black leather Trail Buddy sheath, which it fits perfectly. I really like the Trail Buddy sheath... so this combo really works for me.

The knife: a stout .200" thick knife with a modest distal taper and dead sexy curves. Marked Bark River Knives Escanaba Mi USA on one side and Prototype A-2 tool steel Made in the USA on the obverse side. The handle is a beefy Big Mike pleasing thickness with a 3 &1/2 finger grip for me. I will likely put a short Reeve fob on it to give a bit more purchase and help in retrieving it from the sheath.

When I talked with Jason at DLT about this one, he commented that it would make a fine knife to dress a deer with. Having now held it in my hand, I have to agree with him. It would tackle that chore with aplomb. I can also see it being an EDC that can and will handle anything you can throw at it. I look forward to putting it through it's paces in the future here, and will put these thoughts down at some point.

All in all, the Grasso mini bolo ROCKS! When this model becomes available, I can see it becoming a very popular choice around these here parts. I'd stick with the TB sheath too...

Edgejunkie
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    04-23-12 06:06.05 - Post#2464296    

In response to BILLB OKC

Just got my new Grasso Bolo Basic and the Mini in today.

WOW.....what a true surprise....I was pretty sure I was going to like the Mini before I ordered it but I was a little unsure of the Basic.

Boy, what a suprise...I really like them both...even though they are in the basic BCM....I cant imagine how good they would look in other handles.....

Im so excited about these knifes my hands are still shaking and I cant hardly type

Carried them outside alreay and whittled some wood. They work great....I used the Basic to go and chop me a stick to whittle on and it was a great little chopper for its overall length. Cut a two inch stick in only four chops.

The Basic is going to make a great camp knife. It has enough weight behind it that you will be able to do some great task with it.

The Mini is going to be a great EDC. Didnt play with it as much because I was so happy that I liked the Basic so much.

Will make more comments on this once I use it more but so far I really like both knives. They will be a keepers........or at least until some different handle materials come out.....soon I hope

Enjoy the pics and get on the list once it comes out.

From what I understand they only made 12 of these for now.....just glad I purchased these for now.

Also the sheaths are pretty cool too. Im glad they did not use the Bushcrafter

Attachment

Jeff
    (Mike#440)

Edited by Edgejunkie on 04-23-12 06:10.09. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Edgejunkie
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    04-23-12 06:28.33 - Post#2464304    

In response to mongo

Bill, we must have been starting a thread on these at the same time. If a mod would like to combine mine with this....that would be fine with me.

Glad everyone else likes them too. I really cant wait until we get to choose the handles for these knives.
    Jeff
    (Mike#440)

BILLB OKC
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    04-23-12 06:31.55 - Post#2464307    

In response to Edgejunkie

"Glad everyone else likes them too. I really cant wait until we get to choose the handles for these knives."

SHEEPS HORN AND DESERT IRONWOOD BURL!

Edgejunkie
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    04-23-12 07:30.40 - Post#2464333    

In response to BILLB OKC

Thanks for combining my thread with this one...whoever did it...

The more I play with the Basic the more I like it.

It reminds me of a Bravo 1 on steroids
    Jeff
    (Mike#440)

MikeGrasso
    "to protect and to serve"
    04-23-12 08:01.07 - Post#2464345    

Sorry Jeff, I should have posted that I merged them for you, glad you're liking the knife, standby for one more announcement on them.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Edgejunkie
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    04-23-12 08:12.23 - Post#2464349    

In response to MikeGrasso

I will be waiting for whatever you have. I cant put the Basic down...yall hit a home run on that knife...

and to think, that was the knife I was worried I wouldnt like....shows you how much I know.

Never been a huge fan of knives with alot of Belly because I thought they would be difficult to whittle sticks with....but Im finding it works much, much better than I thought.

Im cutting one inch sticks in half with just one swipe.... This thing just has a feel that it can take whatever you throw at it.
    Jeff
    (Mike#440)

DBAR
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    04-23-12 08:34.21 - Post#2464357    

In response to mongo

Pictures look Great, and I like what I'm reading about these. I'm waiting to receive mine. I think I got the last pair. Jason and Kris are Great people to do business with.

DBAR

mongo
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    04-23-12 09:04.06 - Post#2464368    

In response to DBAR

I just wanted to add major kudos to Jason and Mary over at DLT.... I ordered on Friday late morning and received my mini on Monday late morning. THAT is some kick butt service!

Edgejunkie
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    04-23-12 09:45.05 - Post#2464380    

In response to mongo

• mongo Said:
    I just wanted to add major kudos to Jason and Mary over at DLT.... I ordered on Friday late morning and received my mini on Monday late morning. THAT is some kick butt service!

I will second that...thanks Jason and Mary....I think they understand that waiting is just not what we like to do
    Jeff
    (Mike#440)

BILLB OKC
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    04-23-12 10:39.27 - Post#2464392    

The more I play with these the more I like them.
    THE MIKES did a great job

so what is the big announcement concerning GRASSO BOLOS?

Impatient people want to know

Edited by BILLB OKC on 04-23-12 10:40.03. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MikeGrasso
    "to protect and to serve"
    04-23-12 11:05.17 - Post#2464403    

In response to BILLB OKC

We'll wait to the supply wagon makes it in....

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Big Mike
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    04-23-12 11:38.24 - Post#2464422    

In response to MikeGrasso

Well, we know there's a GB-III coming,

...what's next, ...the GB-Folder?

You know it would be Friggin' Savage

Big Mike

It's not the tool you use, ...it's how you use the tool!.

"A gentle hand to victory."

Edited by Big Mike on 04-23-12 11:39.23. Reason for edit: No reason given.

palmerdl
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    04-23-12 12:26.18 - Post#2464439    

In response to mongo

• mongo Said:
    I just wanted to add major kudos to Jason and Mary over at DLT....

That's one point I will agree heartily on. DLT and company are the best.
    Don

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get use to it.

DBAR
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    04-25-12 14:07.42 - Post#2465150    

In response to palmerdl

Here's a comparison picture for any that are interested.

These Grasso Bolo's are pretty "Bad Ass" if you ask me. They are sharp as hell, and should be a good addition to anyones collection.

I can see myself carrying the Mini Grasso Bolo around, it's a handy knife. I have to admit, I thought the handle could be a tiny bit longer, but we'll see how I feel after carrying it around for a week or so.

The Basic just "Rocks". It makes for a great all around knife. I think it can take on any "roll" that you give it.

DBAR

Skinny
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    04-25-12 14:47.47 - Post#2465164    

In response to DBAR

DBAR, thanks for those pics man.

Like someone else says around here, SAVAGE!
    Christian

Click it!

BRKCA Mike #777
    Founding Member

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
    Print Topic

KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast
    KnifePromotions

arenaro@verizon.net

FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
    Execution time: 0.312 seconds.   Total Queries: 274   Zlib Compression is on.
    All times are (GMT-12.0). Current time is 21:27.26