KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast

Recent Topics
Recent Pictures
thumb_1490310452-IMG_20170323_125412.jpg
thumb_1489339104-FlynnHunter2SM.jpg
Current Quote
"To educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
~ Teddy Roosevelt
 Page 1 of 3 All123
Username Post: Spyderco Sharpmaker Passaround        (Topic#917716)
jhillas
Master Member KnifeNut!
12-18-11 06:41.43 - Post#2421327    

Passaround List

1. mickeyblueeyes
2. gandalfied
3. cornicus
4. JGKC9AYC
5. buddy boy (needs to send info)

------------------------- --
Many thanks to Spyderco for providing this for our use!

This passaround is for the Spyderco Triangle Sharpmaker sharpening system. It includes the sharpener and a DVD with instructions on its use.

If you have never tried one of these, I highly recommend it. With just a little practice, ANYONE can sharpen knives to shaving sharp. Seriously.

More info from the Spyderco website:

http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/det...

- The Rules -

By signing up or by participating in any way with this passaround you agree to meet and abide by all of the following rules, terms and conditions:

You must be an adult over 18 years of age and reside in the U.S.A. to sign up or participate in this passaround.

It is your responsibility to ensure that the passaround item is used, carried and/or possessed in a safe and lawful manner from the time that it is delivered to you or your address until you mail it to the next participant.

You must agree to and abide by all of the Knifeforums.com passaround rules.

Also read and understand the following:

This comprises the "Shrink Wrap Warranty" for the passaround item that is described elsewhere in this message. By participating in the passaround you agree and warrant that:

- You are considered an adult under your jurisdiction.

- You can legally posses, carry, ship and receive the passaround item.

- You take full responsibility for this item and its use while in your possession.

Please, please refrain from disassembling or tinkering with any of the passaround items. If there is a problem, (even a very minor one), or if you receive an item that appears to have been tinkered with or disassembled or in any way unsafe, I need to know about it ASAP.

Keep the passaround up to 1 week and PERSONALLY send it to the next person by U.S.P.S. Priority Mail, delivery conformation, insured.

When you receive the passaround please post in this thread as soon as possible so that we can keep track of it, also please post when you send it on to the next person.

And, please, post a review (a few lines will do) in the Knife Review & Testing forum.

To sign up, post in this thread and PM me the following:

KnifeForums screen name:

Mailing address:

Email:

Contact phone:

Reminder: Please ship all passarounds securely packaged in a Box.

Priority Mail boxes and packaging supplies can be had For Free at any post office!

Note, although I will have everyone's information, each participant is to send a message to the next person to confirm the mailing address and to alert the next person that the item is on its way.

Each person is to post here when they receive the item, and again when they mail it on to the next person.

Edited by jhillas on 12-09-13 02:04.42. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mickeyblueyes
Journeyman KnifeNut!
12-30-11 09:01.58 - Post#2425742    

In response to jhillas

I would like to give it a try ,before I buy,Thanks

blade viking
01-05-12 01:13.27 - Post#2427644    

In response to jhillas

Just to let you guys know if it has 4% V or more your wont be getting rid of any chips unless you have hours. Also the diamond rod is a joke. If you press hard at all the diamond dust comes off. It is a touch up tool. Smart to try it first.
Eric OConnell

jhillas
Master Member KnifeNut!
01-08-12 03:59.30 - Post#2428898    

In response to blade viking

Thanks for dropping in Eric. I would agree that it can take many strokes to re-profile on the sharpmaker.

The diamond rods are actually diamond particulate on metal. Its not necessary to press hard, but if you do, the diamond medium can surely be dislodged.

I use a sharpmaker several times per week and consider it the must have tool. I use it for everything from small swiss army knives, to my large chef's knife. I have given many away as gifts.

Dkb45
Master Member KnifeNut!
01-23-12 08:39.25 - Post#2434684    

In response to jhillas

After having just bought one recently I can save everybody time and money. BUY IT! Once you break in the brown rods, it will sharpen anything with an edge close to 15-20° quite quickly. I used it and sharpened 10 knives already set at 15° in about an hour, using all 4 stages. It does not reprofile too well, though, but I figure the diamond rods do that better. Seriously, though, buy it.

gandalfied
09-06-12 04:34.30 - Post#2496030    

In response to jhillas

I would love to try this sharpening system. Please put me on the list.

jhillas
Master Member KnifeNut!
09-06-12 17:06.49 - Post#2496169    

In response to gandalfied

All set, thanks for sending your info.

I will get this out as soon as possible

Thanks

mickeyblueyes
Journeyman KnifeNut!
12-08-12 23:37.48 - Post#2515738    

In response to jhillas

Because I was able to use it first, I just bought one. Found it new in box with cd on E Bay for $42. free shipping too. thanks again.

ebay store (a good place to shop)

thats the name of the store.

jhillas
Master Member KnifeNut!
12-20-12 03:03.26 - Post#2519174    

In response to mickeyblueyes

Thats a great deal.

I believe seriously that this sharpener is the easiest and consistently most effective sharpener out there.

jmh58
Master Member KnifeNut!
12-20-12 05:58.14 - Post#2519222    

In response to jhillas

Had one.. Gave it away.. Just could not get the hang of it to get the results I wanted!! John

Page 1 of 3 All123
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast
KnifePromotions

arenaro@verizon.net

FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.098 seconds.   Total Queries: 186   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-12.0). Current time is 00:39.47