KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast

Recent Topics
Recent Pictures
thumb_1489339104-FlynnHunter2SM.jpg
Current Quote
"To educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
~ Teddy Roosevelt
Username Post: Spyderco Street Beat & UK Pen        (Topic#915101)
321sold.biz
Master Member KnifeNut!
10-05-11 15:53.06 - Post#2395319    

SO I am on the 10th day of using the Spyderco Street Beat & I really like this knife! I am lucky enough to get to use it courtesy of the KF & spyderco Passaround! The SB came in razor sharp! The VG10 blade held a good edge as I mainly used it for boxes, letters. I did try the blade against some wood sticks in the yard & it didn't do as good as a convexed blade but that's okay, not all knives need to be for woods or survival. No damage was done but I didn't want to try to hard on the passaround knives. I did do some minor kithcen work with this. Chopping a couple of cucumbers & carrots seemed to take nothing away from the edge. This knife is very ergo friendly & the thumb nothces really make this feel secure in your hand. I am a fan of Spyderco's sheaths as well & this one lived up to the expectations!

Technical stuff for the street beat by Spyderco:
STEEL: VG-10
EDGE: PLAIN
FIXED BLADE
WEIGHT: 3.2 OZ
HANDLE: MICARTA
WITH BOLTARON SHEATH
BLADE: FLAT GROUND
BLADE LENGTH: 3 1/2"
OVERALL: 7 3/16"

The UK pen knife was nice. It is the first slip joint spydie I have tried & it did just fine. I really like the simple clip they used for this knife. It goes in & stays in easy when clipping it in your pocket. I hate having to fool with bad clips on knives & despite the simple look of this clip, it works real well! I did not care for this blade design.

Thanks Again for the passaround!

Attachment

Edited by 321sold.biz on 10-05-11 15:56.38. Reason for edit: No reason given.

frankk
Master Member KnifeNut!
10-11-11 07:14.23 - Post#2397349    

In response to 321sold.biz

Thanks much for the reviews!

The Street Beat is very nice, but I am not a fan of straight knife handles and I think it would be more comfortable if the handle was angled or curved downward a few degrees. I do very much like the FFG Bowie style blade, deep finger choil and the wide hand filling micarta grips.

I like just about everything about the LW UKPK, except that the blade is not FFG and that there's no lanyard hole. I always enjoy Spyderco's wire clips; I don't know of a better clip design.

Marcus Robinson
11-10-11 01:33.53 - Post#2408361    

In response to frankk

Nice to meet you. It looks very cute. Thanks for your precious time and valuable information.

Thank you.
Marcus Robinson

jbdiver
11-27-11 14:22.38 - Post#2414378    

In response to Marcus Robinson

I also tried both via the pass around. The spyderco street beat was my favorite. I used it mainly for opening boxes and it was very easy to use woth the sheath it came in. Highly recommended. The UK pen was easy to carry in the pocket, easy opening and did quite well also. Just a little light for my taste. Thanks for the trial.

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast
KnifePromotions

arenaro@verizon.net

FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.09 seconds.   Total Queries: 107   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-12.0). Current time is 06:22.11