thumb_1412800724-1.JPG
thumb_1412652956-24262_1251638018854_7628960_n_1_.jpg
thumb_1412562018-MVP_65b.jpg
thumb_1412353660-2.JPG
thumb_1411961722-374934_2397988276894_1877393445_n_1_.jpg
thumb_1411889958-Summers_131026_-_Copy__617x800_.jpg
thumb_1411695030-100_5450.JPG
Current Quote
"To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered."
~ Voltaire (1694 - 1778)
243 Online Now
16 viewable users (
    ) and 0 hidden plus 227 guests are online now.
    Username Post: KORIN's Great Customer Service        (Topic#891198)
    C9
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    01-08-11 17:33.44 - Post#2268025    

Some of you may remember that I had some issues with Korin's customer service previously in this thread.

http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/s...

I'd just like to share about how KORIN fixed up the problem. So after I wrote that review, a KORIN rep immediately called me to "sincerely" apologize. Its nice to see that despite sitting on the knife that I sent back to them without a refund or replacement issued for weeks that they responded so promptly after starting that thread.

I was offered either a full refund, or the knife now expertly sharpened by one Mr. Sugai, and a saya and sharpening DVD thrown in. Unfortunately I had canceled my credit card, and their offer didn't seem so bad so I accepted the replacement. At least I would get something out of the ordeal instead of just wasting time and money shipping it back to them for a refund.

I was told the knife and the DVD were being shipped out, and was worried they forgot about the saya. I contacted them and they said not to worry, the saya was on its way, it was just out of stock at the time. I was slightly worried that because it was being shipped separately, it wouldn't be fitted to the knife, but then I realized that they must have several Togiharu Moly's there so they could fit it to one of those.

So eventually I got the packages, and you can see how excellently the saya fits.

Just the perfect size to display the beautiful etched kanji on the blade, even while in storage.

I also had an issue with the sharpening job, so their had their professional sharpener sharpen it. You know he's good because he does it for a living. I had a complaint about the sharpness being overall inadequate, and also the heel being overground on the left side making the heel which could lead to problems during sharpening.

Well its hard to make out, but it seems like they neglected to fix the issue with the heel, although that would have taken off a good mm of steel to fix, so no big issue, I just thought it would be easier for them to fix since they had lots of power equipment.

I could tell that it had definitely been sharpened though. How, you ask? There were huge burs on parts of the edge, particularly near the heel where I said the original sharpening job could cause problems. I didn't even have to feel for them, I could see them with my own two eyes. A bur where there wasn't one before is a sure sign that the knife has been taken to the stones.

I'd just like to thank KORIN, particularly their customer service department for this wonderful experience and all their hard work to make sure they made things right in the end. Good job.

Attachment

ThEoRy
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    01-08-11 18:05.18 - Post#2268039    

In response to C9

SarcastOmetersplosion!!

Seb
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    01-08-11 18:05.34 - Post#2268040    

In response to C9

I haven't ordered anything from Korin since they sihtcanned the $7 flat rate international shipping.

I came close this year but they started the EOY sale a month late so I spent the money elsewhere in the meantime.

Ecchef
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    01-08-11 18:12.38 - Post#2268043    

In response to Seb

I may have occasion to see the owner this coming Monday. I'll let her know that things are not as they should be. Maybe it will help. Sorry to hear about all the bull$hit going on with this C9.

MadRookie
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    01-08-11 18:20.06 - Post#2268045    

In response to ThEoRy

....on the other side of the coin......

I ordered a Suisin Inox Wa-Gyuto from Korin.

Waiting for delivery, tracking indicated that it ended up in Ireland, instead of by me in South Africa.

I emailed Korin, who apologised and they immediately sent me a replacement unit.

Well done Korin.

I received the replacement unit and 2 weeks later the original order pitches.

I just returned it to Korin.

WELL DONE Korin!!

I will most definitely deal with Korin again anytime.

unkajonet
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    01-08-11 18:21.32 - Post#2268046    

In response to Ecchef

• Ecchef Said:
    I may have occasion to see the owner this coming Monday. I'll let her know that things are not as they should be. Maybe it will help. Sorry to hear about all the bull$hit going on with this C9.

Since you might be stopping by there, can you suggest that they fix their computer that issues the RMA numbers? They sent me a Glestain with a damaged handle, and I can't return it until they fix their computer.

Ecchef
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    01-08-11 18:54.18 - Post#2268059    

In response to unkajonet

Sure!

unkajonet
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    01-08-11 19:07.10 - Post#2268063    

In response to Ecchef

Seriously appreciated. I'm a little worried about having a C9 experience.

Seb
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    01-08-11 19:19.56 - Post#2268071    

In response to unkajonet

To be fair to Korin, I ordered my Togiharu Inox (two years ago) and it arrived in good time with superb F&F and a pretty good OOTB edge. No complaints. I've also pestered their custserv with various irritating questions, eg 'how much does a Togiharu VC weigh??' (lol) and so on and JP always replied politely and promptly if not always with the amount of detail I wished.

I'm sure the OP worked his usual charm on Korin and got the level of service he deserved.

willspear
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    01-08-11 19:29.46 - Post#2268076    

In response to Seb

Korin has always done ok by me with less than a week turn arounds but since the shipping change I havent shopped from them online unless buying something during the sales

unkajonet
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    01-08-11 19:30.48 - Post#2268078    

In response to Seb

Well, I'm not at the skeptical stage yet. Just concerned. My first time dealing with them.

Richard_L
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    01-08-11 20:17.25 - Post#2268090    

In response to unkajonet

I've ordered like 3-4 times from them, and have had no issues.

BfromSac
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    01-09-11 01:50.04 - Post#2268135    

In response to Richard_L

You guys gotta admit though, the saya is pretty funny. Marko when I finally get a saya from you, can you do one like that? It took me a second to realize how much smaller than the knife it was. Pretty funny

Cadillac J
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    01-09-11 07:05.01 - Post#2268255    

In response to C9

This is why I just stick to CKTG and JCK.

Always great service, good people, and I've never had any remotely negative issue.

Shout out to Mark and Koki!

unkajonet
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    01-09-11 07:07.51 - Post#2268256    

In response to BfromSac

With all due respect to all who have ordered from Korin - or any other company, for that matter - and not had any problems, that's not the aspect that C9 has been burned on and that I am concerned about. If you receive your order on time and in good condition, that's great. But what does the company do when something is wrong with the merchandise? That's the issue.

To be fair, I did receive an email this morning from Korin with the return authorization info. But now I have to mail it back (UPS Ground), wait for them to receive and inspect the damage, and then send me back a new knife, probably UPS Ground again. So a transaction that should have taken 4 days to complete is now stretched out to probably more than 2 weeks.

Korin's website states that each item is inspected before it is shipped. I find it hard to believe that anyone looked at my knife before it went out; the flaw is that obvious. But mistakes happen. I get that. However, I think that the least they could have done was to upgrade the shipping of both the soon to be returned item, and its replacement - without me having to ask. Because as of right now, they have my money, and I don't have a usable knife. Hopefully, the remainder of the process will go smoothly. But this has made me less than enthusiastic to do business with them again in the future...

JMC076
    Journeyman KnifeNut!
    01-09-11 16:13.16 - Post#2268584    

In response to unkajonet

C9 im sorry to read about your nightmare with Korin. That saya really is laughable, i cant understand how they even sent that out to you... work experience boy was in charge that day maybe??

Are you walking funny? Cause it looks like you've been royally shafted!!

etoknife
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    01-09-11 16:21.14 - Post#2268588    

In response to C9

It looks like they gave you a Santoku saya and not a saya to fit your gyuto.
    This is a shame there customer service drop the ball on you.
    I know they down sized there staff so it could of been a combination of a few things they dropped the ball on including your foot.
    But still no excuse.

Jeffereynelson
    Journeyman KnifeNut!
    01-09-11 17:03.52 - Post#2268609    

In response to C9

I can't stand poor customer service. Nothing to me is more frustration IMO. I've worked in service and cuztomer service businesses and if you can't do business right then I think you shouldn't do it. Seems to me korin should close their US market until they are able and staffed to be able to communicate and serve their customers.

Korin... I will never buy anything off your site, and I will tell my friends who purchase knives to never buy anything. Please just send C9 a quality knife AND a full refund. You're losing more business by stalling. Once he posts he is truly happy with the resolution I will change my opionions of your store and no longer give negative reviews.

JCSIII
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    01-09-11 18:51.05 - Post#2268632    

In response to Jeffereynelson

I've ordered 3-4 things from Korin and I've always been satisfied with my purchases. Even when I've had a problem that was my fault they were courteous enough to help me out with the shipping.

aser
    Journeyman KnifeNut!
    01-10-11 10:54.14 - Post#2269124    

In response to Seb

Nobody is perfect, mistakes happen. I've had good experience dealing with Korin (in person and email) as have a lot of others on the board.

Of course bad news is what sticks out, people tend to remember that more. I hope his problems can be resolved.

• Seb Said:

I'm sure the OP worked his usual charm on Korin and got the level of service he deserved.

and then there's the other side of the coin....

Edited by aser on 01-10-11 10:54.34. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
    Print Topic

KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast
    KnifePromotions

arenaro@verizon.net

FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
    Execution time: 0.549 seconds.   Total Queries: 306   Zlib Compression is on.
    All times are (GMT-12.0). Current time is 08:08.08