Recent Pictures
thumb_1411061614-1.JPG
thumb_1410635072-MVP_61bsmallerfilesize.jpg
thumb_1409428191-DSC_0019kf.jpg
thumb_1409241408-8.JPG
thumb_1408752966-Buck110-arrowheads.jpg
thumb_1408752721-1280x-buck110-steampunk2.jpg
Current Quote
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: first, by reflection, which is noblest; second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third, by experience, which is the most bitter."
~ Confucius
156 Online Now
11 viewable users (
    ) and 0 hidden plus 145 guests are online now.
     Page 1 of 2 All12
    Username Post: New Toy!        (Topic#890934)
    Frose
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    01-04-11 03:15.12 - Post#2264713    

Beretta Px4 Storm. 9mm with 17+1 capacity. Night Sights, which are very cool, haven't had them before.

Its double action only, which is a little different for me but I'm learning to dig it.

Had it used at the gun store, I doubt if the original owner put more than 200-300 rounds through it. Not a single wear mark on either of the magazines that came with it.

Attachment

Check out my new forum!
    Canyon Knives Forum

New website!
    www.brianefrosknives.com

cody1
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    01-04-11 04:08.53 - Post#2264740    

In response to Frose

ooooooo New toys that go bang!! Nice! Still got the Glock?
    C3 Knives-Hand crafted for High Performance!!!
    www.c3knives.com
    Chris@c3knives.com
    C3 knives forum!
    http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/s...

Frose
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    01-04-11 04:20.59 - Post#2264745    

In response to cody1

Oh yeah, I was lucky and didn't have to trade one in this time to get a new guy.

Took me a second to get used to the trigger pull on it. The pull on my glock is pretty long too so it wasn't that much of an adjustment. And once I got it the groupings were pretty tight!
    Check out my new forum!
    Canyon Knives Forum

New website!
    www.brianefrosknives.com

insector
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    01-04-11 17:02.25 - Post#2265235    

In response to Frose

17 blessed rounds in one clip? Dang!

Did it ever jam?
    Insects as a science cast a great shadow on those humbled by this eternal generation of curiosity. So vast that no single mind could ever truly begin to fathom it.......

Dale

Frose
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    01-04-11 18:19.47 - Post#2265277    

In response to insector

No Jam

However, must have been around the 7th or 8th magazine I put through after I fired the first shot, pulled the trigger for the second and just a click..... looked down and the magazine had popped out the bottom a little. Pushed back in and back in business.

Not sure if I hit the release with my hand accidentally, or didn't put it in securely enough, or what. It was the only time the incident occurred so until it happens again I'm not going to worry about it.
    Check out my new forum!
    Canyon Knives Forum

New website!
    www.brianefrosknives.com

insector
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    01-04-11 18:37.42 - Post#2265283    

In response to Frose

Interesting. I been thinking of getting a pistol for big cats.........just defense.......9mm may be a bit small.....maybe a .357mag.

all I got now is a little .22 semi-auto baretta. Deadly on deer but you got to put it right up next to their temple (skull). This makes for a challenging hunt so I'm thinking larger caliber since I can't get so close any more.

Ha. Actually, ideally, I want a thompson defender in a 30:06 but I'm dreaming. I guess that don't count as a pistol but I could conceal it in my backpack and then hunt right out my front door without drawing too much attention while I walk out of town..........

save on gas spend on gun...........

or something similar as this
    Insects as a science cast a great shadow on those humbled by this eternal generation of curiosity. So vast that no single mind could ever truly begin to fathom it.......

Dale

cody1
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    01-05-11 01:46.57 - Post#2265344    

In response to insector

I'm in the market for a new 30.06. I would like to get a nice 30/30, also. Dale, I got Glock 22, which is a .40, for hiking. Bigger than the 9mm and still holds 15 in each of my 3 clips. I got the generation 4 and love it.. Might want to check it out. Here it is with my mini Berretta .22

www.c3knives.com
    Chris@c3knives.com
    C3 knives forum!

Edited by cody1 on 01-05-11 02:11.37. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Frose
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    01-05-11 02:35.07 - Post#2265374    

In response to insector

• insector Said:
    Interesting. I been thinking of getting a pistol for big cats.........just defense.......9mm may be a bit small.....maybe a .357mag.

Here is the way I look at it. Anything that a 9mm won't take, a 40 won't or a 45. None of them will stop a bear, maybe scare it or piss it off. Unless you shoot it in the eye or something.

Other than that.... with the newer high power ammunition out there..... 9mm, .38 special, .40, .45, or even a .22...... I don't wanna get hit with any of em.
    Check out my new forum!
    Canyon Knives Forum

New website!
    www.brianefrosknives.com

cody1
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    01-05-11 03:42.11 - Post#2265402    

In response to Frose

The Denver police won't carry a 9mm because they can bounce off a windshield. .45 will never have that issue. The .45 was developed to knock a person backward when hit. It was in the Philippine war, people would attack with a machete, so they wanted a round that would not allow the person to fall forward and strike with the blade. It has way more impact force. 9mm are too small to push anything back. I don't think 9mm and .45 are really comparable. Maybe the .40. With big animals the impact force is a much larger consideration. A .40 or .45 will easily penetrate the skull of any animal. I think the sales man wanted to sell you another 9.
    www.c3knives.com
    Chris@c3knives.com
    C3 knives forum!

Frose
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    01-05-11 04:48.12 - Post#2265426    

In response to cody1

Dude, seriously, I'm not going to get into a 9mm vs .40 vs .45 argument with you.

I am fully capable of making an educated purchase and I have reasons why I buy what I do.

No one was trying to sell me anything.
    Check out my new forum!
    Canyon Knives Forum

New website!
    www.brianefrosknives.com

Page 1 of 2 All12
    Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
    Print Topic

Commission on Sales´┐Ż
    FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
    Execution time: 0.481 seconds.   Total Queries: 164   Zlib Compression is on.
    All times are (GMT-12.0). Current time is 23:44.35