thumb_1405723916-IMG_1451.jpg
thumb_1405631397-6.JPG
thumb_1404764053-004.JPG
thumb_1404657528-DSC_0483.JPG
thumb_1404465179-190720104842.jpg
thumb_1404389642-016.JPG
thumb_1403803806-1.JPG
Current Quote
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good."
~ George Washington
317 Online Now
4 viewable users (
    ) and 0 hidden plus 313 guests are online now.
    Username Post: BATTLING BUCKS Collector Set        (Topic#857583)
    USAFblue
    08-02-09 04:14.06 - Post#1903699    

Does anyone currently online know about this knife? It is made by BUCK, comes packaged in an oval shaped tin container, with a black nylon sheath, and was supposed to be made in 2003. I just bid on one, and won it, but now am wondering if it was made in China or the USA. I usually check all this out BEFORE I bid, but it was closing in a few minutes, and I got in a rush...

MikeStewart
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    08-02-09 04:20.13 - Post#1903708    

In response to USAFblue

If it was made in 2003 it would have been US made.

that is all I would know about it.

Mike.........
    BRKCA MIKE #01
    NJKCA #041

"I Am America"

Bark River Facebook Group - Join Today

RIP Chris + 1

USAFblue
    08-02-09 05:05.02 - Post#1903749    

In response to MikeStewart

Thank you Mike! btw... when did Buck start having their knives made in China? I am saddened to see USA being "taken" by free enterprise, and the closing of Schrade, Camillus, etc

bax 40
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    08-02-09 05:13.00 - Post#1903753    

In response to USAFblue

If you are truly sorry about these affairs of foreign made knives support American Makers like Bark River and ask all your friends to do so, although I am afraid its a losing battle given the cheap labor and gov. subsidies in China and other countries.

Larry
    God is Dog spelled backwards!

Manzana
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    08-02-09 05:43.22 - Post#1903772    

In response to bax 40

Some Buck knives are still made in the USA. The classic 110 folder is still made here.

There's an easy way to tell. If you don't see CHINA stamped on the base of the blade it was made here.
    David

USAFblue
    08-02-09 06:21.38 - Post#1903796    

In response to Manzana

Makes sense. I am currently collecting knives made in the USA, and was trying, unsucessfully, to determine if my bid and win was for a China or USA made knife. Obviously, I bought it whatever, wherever, but after searching the web now for over an hour, I still do not know the country of manufacture. I came across this forum, "signed up" and was hoping someone could direct me to a web address, or know for sure the country of manufacture. So far, Mike has given me a "glimmer" of hope.

dalee
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    08-02-09 09:40.41 - Post#1903920    

In response to USAFblue

Hi,

I've had a Battling Bucks commemorative tin and knife for about ten years now. My two youngest Daughters gave it to me for Christmas one year. I know they found it at Wal-Mart and the cost was no more than $10.

I still have the nice tin. The only thing in the tin was some tissue paper and the small clip point fixed blade. The black sheath has Buck embroidered on it. The reddish wood scales have a Buck medallion in-set on one side. The blade is stamped Buck on one side and Taiwan on the backside.

I seldom carry it. But it has dressed out countless ducks, pheasants and geese. And a few deer have been dressed with it but also reduced to steaks and chops also.

It's now kind of semi-retired, having been replaced by a Mora S1. Not because it wasn't a good user, but because of sentimental reasons.

dalee
    If you think you know what is going on, you haven't paying attention!

USAFblue
    08-02-09 11:11.41 - Post#1903987    

In response to dalee

Thanks dalee. Looks as if this eBay win was most likely made in Taiwan, as your description matches the auction description quite well.
    I paid double what your two Daughters paid, but it is still in the plastic, unopened according to the description and photo. Thanks again!

Bill

antonio_luiz
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    08-02-09 15:44.16 - Post#1904156    

In response to USAFblue

• USAFblue Said:
    Thanks dalee. Looks as if this eBay win was most likely made in Taiwan, as your description matches the auction description quite well.
    I paid double what your two Daughters paid, but it is still in the plastic, unopened according to the description and photo. Thanks again!

Bill

BNIB & Mint - wow! You got a bargain amigo
    I'm paranoid only cause everyone's out to get me!

dalee
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    08-03-09 05:43.19 - Post#1904480    

In response to antonio_luiz

Hi,

I will second Antonio and say you got a nice deal on a sealed, new and unused package. I've always wondered if it was a special run made for Wal-Mart for their Christmas sale season.

dalee
    If you think you know what is going on, you haven't paying attention!

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
    Print Topic

KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast
    KnifePromotions

arenaro@verizon.net

FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
    Execution time: 0.414 seconds.   Total Queries: 168   Zlib Compression is on.
    All times are (GMT-12.0). Current time is 21:29.23