KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast

Recent Pictures
thumb_1492726062-20170420_094015.jpg
thumb_1491582663-thumb_23.jpg
Current Quote
"To educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
~ Teddy Roosevelt
Username Post: ULTRA RARE fixed blades - $ value?        (Topic#837971)
BattleScarred
11-29-08 22:09.34 - Post#1697248    

Hi everyone,
First off, forgive me if I make any protocol mistakes or other goof-ups: This is my first time here.
Anyway, I have two very rare SOG Fixed blades that I can't seem to find a value for ANYWHERE! ANY HELP would be GREATLY appreciated!!
The knives:
1. An ORIGINAL S1 Bowie (NOT one of the newer cheapies) PROTOTYPE with the 5th SFG insignia on the blade - but TIGER-STRIPED in light blue/gray and black, with Spencer Frazers hand signature etched by him onto the aircraft nut pommel. Leather disc handle. It is VERIFIED BY SOG as being 1 of only 15 EVER made!
2. SOG TigerShark (not the new one with the "knuckleguard"), standard (Kraton? Rubber?) handle - BLADE IS FULLY TIGER-STRIPED, again in light blue/gray and black. Spencers signature etched onto the partially serrated BLADE (marked with "SEKI-JAPAN" on choil). VERIFIED as ONE of ONE - it was made for me personally and the kind folks at SOG informed me that they had NEVER Tiger-Striped or otherwise camouflaged a TigerShark, that this was a FIRST.

I got both of these knives in 2005(?).
Both came with Certificates of Authenticity from the factory signed by Mr. Frazer.

I've been trying to find out what they are worth, esp. to a serious SOG collector, pretty much ever since I got them. I doubt that I will part with the TigerShark since it was essentially a gift, but it would still be nice to have this information! I'm willing to wheel and deal with anyone who is seriously interested in the S1.

Thank you and God bless!
Wit makes such a wound that the knife's lost in it

wstwood
Master Member KnifeNut!
12-01-08 09:37.29 - Post#1698419    

In response to BattleScarred

I would be up in Bernard Levines forum asking these question. He is the EggSpurt.
"When all other rights have been taken away, the right of rebellion is made perfect."

Thomas Paine.

BattleScarred
12-02-08 14:53.19 - Post#1699731    

In response to wstwood

Thanks! Is his forum named after him? I'm still a newb here...

orko
Journeyman KnifeNut!
12-02-08 19:13.03 - Post#1699906    

do you mind posting a few pics of these?

BattleScarred
12-03-08 01:09.58 - Post#1699982    

In response to orko

Hey Orko,
I will be happy to hook you up with some pix of the knives... my only issue is that my wife has the digital camera at her office, so I had to use my phone camera to take them - it actually took fairly decent shots. The problem is that I can only really get them to you in a way that you can actually see the detail is via email. Would you mind emailing me at sgtfury04(@)hotmail.com with your email address? As soon as you do, I will send you the pix. sorry for the inconvenience. If you like SOGs, you're really going to love these - I also just noticed that the S1 is also marked "VIETNAM", so it might be even older than I originally thought, I don't know. It makes sense that they would use some real old stuff for prototypes, so maybe I really do have a gold mine here! I hope to hear from ya.
Greag

sgtfury04(@)hotmail.com

BattleScarred
12-03-08 01:57.55 - Post#1700009    

In response to orko

Hi - I did find a few lower quality pix on my laptop of the SOGs. Email me for much better ones!
here ya go:

- the 1st one is of the hand signed pommel of the S1 prototype (1 of 15)
- 2nd is the 1 of 1 TigerShark
- 3rd is both of them together

Attachment

Liu Kang
Master Member KnifeNut!
01-23-09 02:49.09 - Post#1743780    

those are some beautiful knives. I did hear of the camo tigershark before, and how rare it was, and now I've seen it. As for value, it is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If I were you, I wouldn't sell them so I guess they are either worth nothing (since you won't sell) or priceless (since you won't sell). If your looking to sell, price is like the stock market, it goes up and down...

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast
KnifePromotions

arenaro@verizon.net

FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.153 seconds.   Total Queries: 145   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-12.0). Current time is 14:29.05