Welcome them to our community!
Recent Pictures
thumb_1462407808-Tooth_1.jpg
thumb_1462246117-MVP_165dd.jpg
thumb_1461334915-Sakmar_1.jpg
thumb_1460433725-990.JPG
thumb_1459864776-STAG.jpg
Current Quote
"And quit bringing up our forefathers and saying they were civil libertarians. Our founding fathers would have never tolerated any of this crap. For God's sake, they were blowing peoples' heads off because they put a tax on their breakfast beverage. And it wasn't even coffee."
~ Dennis Miller
145 Online Now
4 viewable users (
    ) and 0 hidden plus 141 guests are online now.
     Page 6 of 6 « First<3456
    Username Post: Lefty's UNite        (Topic#828305)
    GreatWesternKnifeMAn
    06-27-12 04:48.20 - Post#2479846    

In response to mitt

Tim, DPx Gear finally stocked left-hand folders of the HEST/F 2.0. Fabulous knife. Used a righty for nearly a year, loved it, before I got my hands on lefty. Check it out, link Link

Edited by GreatWesternKnifeMAn on 06-27-12 04:50.24. Reason for edit: No reason given.

STi
    Journeyman KnifeNut!
    03-16-13 03:04.43 - Post#2538543    

In response to loonybin

I just adjust...don't even buy lefty sheaths I just grab with knife reversed..I have thought about buying an ambi charging handle for my AR instead of clawing but as usual I just deal with it

felizalde55
    04-28-13 02:00.46 - Post#2546904    

In response to STi

I'm a full true leftie and a sheathmaker. I did for me lefty leather sheaths but not all my own made sheaths are for lefties.

I learnt use right hand when I found a piece of british shell 31 years ago and in the post recoveration of that wound.
    As I learnt,I forgot howto use when left hand whas 95% OK.
    I had to learn use leather craft right handed tools. No way. It is our kharma, be a small part of population.

Here is one of my lefties sheaths
    [image][/image]
    Regards.

Pancho

Daniel Nighteyes
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    05-30-13 14:07.54 - Post#2551732    

In response to felizalde55

There's another option, and one I'm rather surprised that sheath-makers haven't already glommed onto.

It is easier - far easier - to make a sngle ambidexterous sheath design than to make two separate designs. Even in mass production the additional cost of a single ambi sheath is minimal; well within the 'let's just eat the difference' range.

To our representatives of the sheath-making profession, am I right?

Daniel Nighteyes
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    06-06-13 10:06.50 - Post#2552696    

In response to Daniel Nighteyes

• Daniel Nighteyes Said:
    There's another option, and one I'm rather surprised that sheath-makers haven't already glommed onto.

It is easier - far easier - to make a sngle ambidexterous sheath design than to make two separate designs. Even in mass production the additional cost of a single ambi sheath is minimal; well within the 'let's just eat the difference' range.

To our representatives of the sheath-making profession, am I right?

FOLLOW-UP:

Since not even one member of the well-represented "sheath-maker" representatives has responded, I can only assume that my post impacted a "tender spot" in their pricing/costing practices.

Hey, I'm just a left-hander. But what say you, Sheath-Makers??? Will you allow my challenge to go unanswered?

-- Nighteyes, the Left-Handed

Edited by Daniel Nighteyes on 06-06-13 10:11.42. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mitt
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    08-20-13 13:01.41 - Post#2562038    

In response to Daniel Nighteyes

glad to see the lefty's unite thread going on. been awhile since I visited.

Daniel Nighteyes
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    08-22-13 14:16.33 - Post#2562287    

In response to mitt

Okay, due to the thundering silence from our sheathmakers:

I will make pics of one of my ambi sheaths so I can post them here. Its for a Mark II "Ka-Bar", although the knife that rode in it was a WWII Mark II Camillus.

My leathersmith friend, the one who made this sheath for me, charged me not one cent more for it than he would have charged for a righty-only sheath. In fact, he let-slip the fact that it was a bit easier to make than a righty-only. I used it for a bit more than a decade, folks, and it definitely withstood the tests of time.

As old Arnie the Governator would say:

"I'LL BE BACK!!!"

Edited by Daniel Nighteyes on 08-22-13 14:21.38. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 6 of 6 « First<3456
    Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
    Print Topic

KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast
    KnifePromotions

arenaro@verizon.net

FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2016 InteractivePHP, Inc.
    Execution time: 0.159 seconds.   Total Queries: 129   Zlib Compression is on.
    All times are (GMT-12.0). Current time is 16:47.07