KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast

Recent Members
Welcome them to our community!
Recent Pictures
thumb_1483411311-MVP_187-188bb.jpg
Current Quote
"Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your
freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I
took half the pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams
184 Online Now
3 viewable users (
    ) and 0 hidden plus 181 guests are online now.
     Page 1 of 2 All12
    Username Post: Rules        (Topic#420915)
    James Nowka
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    06-22-04 05:25.14 - Post#420915    

By signing up or by participating in any way with this passaround you agree to meet and abide by all of the following rules, terms and conditions:

You warrant that you are an adult over 18 years of age and that it is legal for you to ship, receive, possess, carry and use the passaround knife or knives.

It is your responsibility to ensure that the passaround knife is used, carried, mailed and/or possessed in a safe and lawful manner from the time that it is delivered to you or your address until you mail it to the next participant.

You agree to replace any passaround knife that is lost, stolen or damaged (excluding normal wear and manufacturing defects).

You agree to personally send the passaround to the next participant in a timely fashion, by USPS Priority Mail, properly packaged and insured, with delivery confirmation.

Knifeforums is not responsible for knives or participants involved in this passaround forum.

Inkster
    Magnificent Moderator
    06-26-05 12:55.47 - Post#688630    

In response to James Nowka

Get er done

manicdj
    Journeyman KnifeNut!
    02-03-06 12:11.11 - Post#853912    

In response to Inkster

I am new to this kind of mailling, and I don,t know the legality of this kind of passing. I live in cal. And been in lets say!?%&** And don,t want that to happen again. can somebody let me know if this is permissable in my state. If so I am willing and able peace out
    for ever sharp!

jhillas
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    02-04-06 06:00.14 - Post#854352    

In response to manicdj

I live in California too and the only thing I'd be uncomfortable passing is a balisong/butterfuly knife or automatic/switchblade. Both are illegal for regular citizens to carry around in their possession. LEOs and active military can legally posess autos, and collectors like us can own them in our homes, but can't carry them around.

I would never recommend a passaround involving a butterfly or auto, but other knives should be fine.

Now, there may be some knife-oriented law about what type of weapon a convicted felon may or may have in his/her possession, that would be something I'd recommend looking into. If in doubt, don't do it.

manicdj
    Journeyman KnifeNut!
    02-04-06 06:20.17 - Post#854362    

In response to jhillas

Thanks for your wisdom and advice. I made alot of mistakes in my life, And learned from them.

with help from YOU AND KNIFEFORUMS. I WILL LEARN.(for this I thank you...) peace
    for ever sharp!

bartedge
    12-14-06 06:20.02 - Post#1105439    

In response to manicdj

I think this is a great idea! Is it still going on? I love trying different knives and checking out different blade geometry, handle design and locking mechanisms.

Are you still doing this? Let me know what you need from me.

frankk
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    12-14-06 13:11.42 - Post#1105733    

In response to bartedge

We are still doing them - there are several sign-ups open now, including a Helle Storm, s Spyderco Lava and S.

- Frank

gundog
    12-17-06 15:39.48 - Post#1108470    

In response to frankk

Hey, I'm game... i work on boats in Alaska and will sure put any knife to THE test. Let me know where to sign up, if the knife in question works well, I would probably be interested in getting one, and I have a few ( maybe dozens ) of fellow union boatmen/fishermen that are also knife "fans"

gundog
    There is no cure for birth and death save to enjoy the interval.

George Santayana, Soliloquies in England, 1922, "War Shrines"

Donna2
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    10-03-07 01:13.19 - Post#1329091    

In response to James Nowka

Morning all!! ;- }

Hey I want to be in the pass around! And I fit all the above requirements. AAAAANNNDDDDD you now where to find me.

Happy Hump Day!

Donna ;- }
    MAKE IT A GREAT DAY AND DO A GOOD DEED!
    Donna

jhillas
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    10-03-07 16:20.57 - Post#1329859    

In response to Donna2

• Donna2 Said:
    Morning all!! ;- }

Hey I want to be in the pass around! And I fit all the above requirements. AAAAANNNDDDDD you now where to find me.

Happy Hump Day!

Donna ;- }

Hello Donna

The way it works, is that you sign up for one of the passarounds below this thread. For instance, you could sign up for this Vermontana here:

http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/showtopic.php?ti...

Just read the threads below, post in the ones that interest you, and follow the rules. You are welcome to join any passaround that is currently going.

Page 1 of 2 All12
    Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
    Print Topic

KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast
    KnifePromotions

arenaro@verizon.net

FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
    Execution time: 0.247 seconds.   Total Queries: 170   Zlib Compression is on.
    All times are (GMT-12.0). Current time is 04:16.34