KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast

Recent Topics
Recent Pictures
thumb_1489339104-FlynnHunter2SM.jpg
Current Quote
"To educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
~ Teddy Roosevelt
Username Post: A Message from A. G.: Supporting Our Troops        (Topic#384474)
alexj
04-19-04 02:07.47 - Post#384474    

When we began our program of shipping packages to the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, the first unit we shipped to was a Long Range Recognizance Company that had been in Iraq for almost a year and was always remote from services. For each person in the unit, we sent a K-93B (the A. G. Russell Lightweight One Hand Knife?), our new Field Tweezer, band-aids, a paperback book, and two magazines. For the unit, we added some Leatherman Sideclips, our Field Sharpener and a few other items.

The photo is the Captain commanding that company. They have returned to their base in Germany. When he came home on leave, he came by to thank me and to present me with the American flag that he carried throughout his year in Iraq, a head scarf and an Iraqi bayonet. It really makes you proud.

We continue to ship these packages. SOG has donated 150 knives, Case 40 pocket knives, DMT 150 pocket sharpeners, Leatherman sells me Sideclips at half price. The CATO Institute has provided 3,000 copies of The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of The United States, in a shirt pocket sized book. The NRA, Wolfe Publishing, Krause Publications, Kings Outdoor World, Y-Visionary Group, Morris Communications, Shooting Sportsmen, Sporting Classics, Harris Publications, and The Lane Press are providing us with 200 each month of 22 magazines. The Masune Company has provided thousands of band-aids. My 93 year old mother has donated over a thousand paperback books from her library. I have a friend in NYC who knows someone at the big video rental chains and is trying to get us a continuing source of DVDs.

If you want to help, send us paperback books and DVDs.

all the best,

A. G.

Ship To:
A. G. Russell Knives, Inc.
1920 N. 26th St.
Lowell, AR 72745-8489

blackflht
Master Member KnifeNut!
04-20-04 12:13.25 - Post#384972    

In response to alexj

Greetings:

A.G, Goldie, Alex, and all of the fine people @ AGR are to be commended for all that they do for our troops . I'd also like to add a personal thank you for your generosity to those of us employed in the uniformed emergency services! I am an avid reader, and have a number of books that I will gladly be donating.

The Russells are true patriots who put their money where their mouths are. God bless you and your efforts!

Sincerely:

Jerry "Foot" Maniscalco
9/11/01 ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL. NEVER FORGET!!!

alexj
04-21-04 01:17.26 - Post#385145    

In response to blackflht

Thank you for your kind words and support of the troops. I get to see the large quantities of material sent out to the troops as the books and magazines are stored a few feet from my office. Frankly I'm amazed at the amount of support A. G. and Goldie have drummed up so far. Perhaps I shouldn't be surprised, having seen this community accomplish so much over the last year... But, I am impressed none the less!

Your help will make a big difference to the troops serving overseas. I'm sure the troops would love to see more books come their way - we all love variety! I would wager that there are a fair amount who would like to see a few romance novels mixed in to the shipments as well.

Again, thank you for your help and your support. It means a lot to everyone involved.
Alex Jones Internet Manager A. G. Russell Knives

A. G. Russell
Master Member KnifeNut!
04-21-04 01:43.13 - Post#385152    

In response to blackflht

Thank you for your support. Please, Please, do not send us the books you do not like, send us the best you have, the Dick Francis, Tom Clancy, the good adventure, mystery historical fiction, sci fi. etc.
almost any DVD will do, just lot os them. thanks again, A. G.

Sheldon Wickersham
Master Member KnifeNut!
04-21-04 15:24.59 - Post#385447    

In response to A. G. Russell

A.G. & Goldie, 'Team A.G. Russell Knives', et al...

As always, you folks are a true inspiration!

We'll make an attempt to support your ongoing efforts; echoing the sentiments of Jerry and others here, you guys are the best!

Hopefully, reference material such as softcover dictionary's and bibles, along with music CD's will be accepted as well?

Your biggest fans,

Shel & Edna
BRKCA MIKE #92.5
"That I could only be half the man my dog thinks I am..."
www.bluestarknives.com

Hoffman
04-27-04 23:45.50 - Post#389280    

In response to alexj

Our boy scout troop is going to collect books and DVD's for this great cause - we will get them to AGR ASAP!

alexj
04-28-04 01:17.49 - Post#389317    

In response to Hoffman

That's great! As one who attained Eagle, it is reassuring to see the next generation of Scouts lending a hand to a worthy cause.

blackflht
Master Member KnifeNut!
05-12-04 09:05.32 - Post#398985    

In response to alexj

I've gotten a load of paperbacks together, and my daughter has been busy burning CD's. I ride with a motorcycle club with about 60 members. Right now quite a few guys are in Myrtle Beach for Bike Week, and next week we have the Rolling Thunder Ride to the Wall in DC for the Viet Nam Vets.
At our next business meeting I'm going to put this before the membership, and see if I can't get a bunch of support for your generous cause. You folks are the best!

Best wishes:

Jerry

alexj
05-13-04 08:18.52 - Post#399754    

In response to blackflht

That's great to hear! Thanks for the support.

Alex

ceya one
Master Member KnifeNut!
05-22-04 16:21.39 - Post#405631    

In response to alexj

Thanks Guys, I have know A G for about 14 yrs since I met him at my 1st knife show.. Every show I get to I look for him. He pours out his heart in everything he does.

I salute you AG not as a member of the knife community but as a Member of our Armed Forces (AD)!!

Everybody I will keep this short (OPSEC) but I thank you and the Marines and Sailors thank you for the out pouring support.

The knife community has stepped up to the plate from day one and supported those in uniform. Remember those who have gone before, those now and those who will serve.. Memorial Day is every day!

S/F
CEYA!
Ceya Knife Designz

shelto
Member KnifeNut!
06-12-04 04:08.32 - Post#415927    

In response to alexj

Howdy,
I just sent a big box of sci-fi paperbacks this morning. Thanks AG and company for doing this for our troops.
Tony

A. G. Russell
Master Member KnifeNut!
06-20-04 03:47.47 - Post#419894    

In response to ceya one

We have only shipped to one battalion, all of the rest have been company size and smaller units. We are presently working on getting addresses and unit numbes for a brigade, The Bowie Knife Brigade presently working from a camp in Iraq. We really need paperbacks and DVDs for over 4,000 people. I have about 5-600 paperbacks and only a few DVD's. Please get your friends organized or go to your local library, many people donate their old books to their local library. We can only use the paperback becaise we cannot afford the cost of shipping hardbacks. If you buy all of the available fiction paperbacks at your local library you can usualy get a deal and buy them for less than .25 each. I just got 350 . Pl;ease do NOT send romance, we are getting enough of those from our lady employees. all the best,

A. G.

alexj
09-15-04 04:36.02 - Post#470651    

In response to alexj

I am making this post sticky, as it should gain a bit more attention.

Bigdaddy
Master Member KnifeNut!
09-15-04 06:43.53 - Post#470703    

AG

Now I know what to do with that box of paper backs left over from my move...

"Also on the front lines fighting terrorism, and protecting America's Borders." US Customs and Border Protection Officer sends.......

A. G. Russell
Master Member KnifeNut!
09-15-04 06:55.00 - Post#470711    

In response to Bigdaddy

are the border patrol officers aware that they are offered a 25% discount on the A. G. Russell Knives catalogs and web site??

Bigdaddy
Master Member KnifeNut!
09-15-04 18:44.10 - Post#471097    

AG:

Not aware at all...I will pass the information on to my fellow Customs and Border Protection Officers and the Border Patrol Agents in my area.

Tim

3crom
Master Member KnifeNut!
10-24-04 00:56.51 - Post#496314    

In response to Bigdaddy

A.G. My wife and I love to R.V. and have "ALOT" of trailer life magazines and she and her sisters also read those grocery store romance novels,do you think our guys &gals would be interested in that type of material? I'll also talk to my 4 yr. old to send some of his Disney DVDs. Thanks for all your doing. Dave Crombie

Dave

PROUD TO BE A DAV.

pgoat
Journeyman KnifeNut!
12-22-04 01:30.40 - Post#542543    

In response to 3crom

what a great idea - thanks!
Is it too late to submit books and whatnot?

Happy Holidays to our troops!

A. G. Russell
Master Member KnifeNut!
12-22-04 10:02.46 - Post#543005    

In response to pgoat

We are in good shape right now but we will begin shipping again in January and by March will be running out of books again.

A. G.

blackflht
Master Member KnifeNut!
01-21-05 02:40.43 - Post#567161    

In response to alexj

Another box of books on the way! I think it's great what A.G. and Goldie are doing for our troops. Anyone can help out, and if you let the post office know that your shipping books the cost of shipping is really low.

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast
KnifePromotions

arenaro@verizon.net

FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.101 seconds.   Total Queries: 320   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-12.0). Current time is 06:13.55