- Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast
Recent Members
Welcome them to our community!
Recent Topics
Recent Pictures
Current Quote
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: first, by reflection, which is noblest; second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third, by experience, which is the most bitter."
~ Confucius
140 Online Now
4 viewable users (
    ) and 0 hidden plus 136 guests are online now.
    Username Post: "Wester Bros Germany" knife - NEED INFO        (Topic#338051)
    01-18-04 18:33.00 - Post#338051    

Looking for ANY information related to a knife my grandfather kept. On the blades it says, "WESTER BROS GERMANY" and on the opposite sides it has a mark of an anchor with a star in the middle and an arrow shooting thru the star. The knife case itself has German writing on one side with vines surrounding it and a figure of a lady with vines above and below her on the opposite side. It is made of a metal, but I haven't a clue what kind. It's tarnished with green "guck" on it that rubs off as I touch it. The writing says this..."Im Wein liegt Wahrheit!". Translated and found it means "In Wine Truth Lies." And now knowing that, I realize the woman is holding a glass of wine and vines are grape vines.

Any information at all where to find out about the knife would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Master Member KnifeNut!
    01-19-04 03:01.39 - Post#338134    

In response to MAnsley

Right from Mr. Levine's Guide#4....
    Wester Bros. was a wholesaler and importer of German and U.S. made knives, located in New York. They were affiliated with Jacoby & Wester the U.S. agent for Wester & Butz, a German manufacturer. Looks like they went out of business around 1967.

Maybe Mr. Levine will jump in with more information, as I'm just paraphrasing from his book.

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
    Print Topic

1337 Views - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast

FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2015 InteractivePHP, Inc.
    Execution time: 0.262 seconds.   Total Queries: 60   Zlib Compression is on.
    All times are (GMT-12.0). Current time is 19:25.58