- Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast
Recent Members
Welcome them to our community!
Recent Topics
Recent Pictures
Current Quote
"The true test of character is not how much we know how to do, but how we behave when we don't know what to do.
~ -John Holt
186 Online Now
11 viewable users (
    ) and 0 hidden plus 175 guests are online now.
    Username Post: Blade blanks        (Topic#881535)
    Journeyman KnifeNut!
    07-05-10 14:11.41 - Post#2163969    

Hey, I have noticed the scandi craze on this, and other forums, and was wondering if anyone was interested in Scandi blanks. I normally forge from 1095 or 5160, but can get other steels (I have succesfully used W1, 52100, 1080, to name a few). does anyone want me to make some hidden tang blanks? I think $40 per (sharpened and hand rubbed for under a 4in blade) seems fair. Im very comfortable with my HT of up to a 6in blade (beyond that I have trouble with warping, but I know they are tough. Look at my 'check this out!' thread in bladesmithing if you want to see what I mean).
    If anyone is serious, can someone come up with a basic design and specs to make them to?
    Sorry if i have put this in the wrong place, It just doesn't seem to fit elsewhere.

Journeyman KnifeNut!
    07-06-10 09:32.13 - Post#2164427    

In response to sasqautch

For some reason I can't edit my post, but this is my latest 'beater' knife
    Keep in mind that is a 4.5in blade with an 11in overall length.
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    07-06-10 10:05.53 - Post#2164435    

In response to sasqautch

sasqautch ,

You cannot advertise here to sell stuff.

We have a For sale Section below to sell things as a maker and you have to send a small percentage to the forum

You purchase a Banner Ad and then you can sell more Directly.

You blades are very Crude and I really don't think that there would be much interest in them but I guess I could be Wrong.

BRKCA MIKE #01
    NJKCA #041

"I Am America"

Bark River Facebook Group - Join Today

RIP Chris + 1

Journeyman KnifeNut!
    07-06-10 10:33.10 - Post#2164456    

In response to MikeStewart

Ok Sorry I put this in the wrong place.
    Not to be argumentitive, but that is a 'beater' knife, so it won't last me long, so I took some short cuts in its construction. Ugly, yes. Workable, heck yeah. I haven't the eye for proportion which is why I don't sell finished knives. Just blanks.

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
    Print Topic

2053 Views - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast

FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2015 InteractivePHP, Inc.
    Execution time: 0.262 seconds.   Total Queries: 86   Zlib Compression is on.
    All times are (GMT-12.0). Current time is 14:16.30