thumb_1416152128-DSC_0659.JPG
thumb_1415975734-2.JPG
thumb_1415712996-1.JPG
thumb_1415574694-MVP_66bsmallerfilesize.jpg
thumb_1415159184-0004.jpg
thumb_1414982077-DSCF3235.JPG
thumb_1414779645-161120105616.jpg
Current Quote
"Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your
freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I
took half the pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams
202 Online Now
16 viewable users (
    ) and 0 hidden plus 186 guests are online now.
     Page 1 of 3 All123
    Username Post: Knife laws in your country/state        (Topic#887518)
    Leon_katarn
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    10-21-10 06:41.52 - Post#2230602    

I figured it could be fun and educating to have a thread about the knife laws in your country/state.

I'm a Swede and i'll post the original text first, then the translated (google translate). If things are lost in translation i'll try to get the meaning of it right.

Lag (1988:254) om förbud beträffande knivar och andra farliga föremål

Departement
    Justitiedepartementet L4
    Utfärdad
    1988-05-05
    Ändring införd
    t.o.m. SFS 2000:148
    Källa
    Regeringskansliets rättsdatabaser
    Senast hämtad
    2009-11-01

1 § Knivar, andra stick- och skärvapen och andra föremål som är ägnade att användas som vapen vid brott mot liv eller hälsa får inte innehas på allmän plats, inom skolområde där grundskole- eller gymnasieundervisning bedrivs, eller i fordon på allmän plats.

Förbudet i första stycket gäller inte, om föremålet enligt särskilda föreskrifter ingår i utrustning för viss tjänst eller visst uppdrag eller om innehavet annars med hänsyn till föremålets art, innehavarens behov och övriga omständigheter är att anse som befogat.

Stickvapen eller knivar som är konstruerade så att klingan eller bladet snabbt kan fällas eller skjutas ut ur sitt skaft (springstiletter eller springknivar) får inte innehas av personer under 21 år. Lag (2000:148).

2 § Knogjärn, kaststjärnor eller andra sådana föremål som är särskilt ägnade att användas som vapen vid brott mot liv eller hälsa samt springstiletter eller springknivar får inte överlåtas till personer under 21 år eller saluhållas. Lag (1990:413).

3 § I fråga om vapen och andra föremål som vapenlagen (1996:67) är tillämplig på gäller föreskrifterna där i stället för denna lag. Lag (1996:69).

4 § Den som uppsåtligen eller av oaktsamhet bryter mot 1 eller 2 § skall dömas till böter eller fängelse i högst sex månader. I ringa fall döms inte till ansvar.

Om brottet är grovt, döms till fängelse i högst ett år. Lag (2000:148).

5 § Knivar eller andra föremål som innehafts i strid mot 1 § eller som överlåtits eller saluhållits i strid mot 2 § skall förklaras förverkade, om det inte är uppenbart oskäligt. Lag (1990:413).

Lag (1988:254) concerning the prohibition on knives and other dangerous objects

Department
    The Justice Department L4
    Done
    1988-05-05
    Amended up
    inclusive SFS 2000:148
    Source
    Government Offices legal databases
    Last Downloaded
    2009-11-01

1 § knives, other engraving and cutting weapons and other items that are designed to be used as weapons in crimes against life or health may not be held in a public place, within the school district where the primary or secondary education is practiced, or in vehicles in public places.

The ban in the first paragraph does not apply if the object under certain specific conditions are included in the equipment for specific services or specific mission or if the holding otherwise in view of the nature, the holder's needs and other circumstances are considered to be warranted.

Stilettos or knives that are designed so that the blade or the blade can be quickly folded or pushed out of his arm (spring flick or flick knives) may be in possession of persons under age 21. Lag (2000:148).

§ 2 brass knuckles, throwing stars or other such objects which are especially suitable for use as weapons in crimes against life or health, and running flick or flick knives may not be transferred to persons under 21 or offered for sale. Lag (1990:413).

3 § In terms of weapons and other items as Weapons Act (1996:67) applies in respect of rules where in place of this Act. Lag (1996:69).

§ 4 Whoever willfully or negligently violates § 1 or 2 shall be fined or imprisoned for up to six months. In minor cases (minor cases, not cases regarding minors) not punishable.

If the crime is serious, be sentenced to imprisonment not exceeding one year. Lag (2000:148).

5 § knives or other objects held in violation of § 1 or sold or kept for sale in violation of § 2 shall be confiscated, unless it is clearly unreasonable. Lag (1990:413).

As you might notice here the law doesn't mention a maximum length of the knife and what the first paragraph really reads is "If you need it, bring it.".

seniormcblade
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    10-21-10 06:45.55 - Post#2230605    

In response to Leon_katarn

i abide by no law . in pr there is a exception, i fall under the law as . exception.all blade laws do not apply to me. i like it like that.that also includes batons stun guns anything that dont go boom.

joey

wstwood
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    10-21-10 09:47.46 - Post#2230638    

In response to seniormcblade

• seniormcblade Said:
    i abide by no law . in pr there is a exception, i fall under the law as . exception.all blade laws do not apply to me. i like it like that.that also includes batons stun guns anything that dont go boom.

joey

Thats why we love ya Joey
    "When all other rights have been taken away, the right of rebellion is made perfect."

Thomas Paine.

antonio_luiz
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    10-21-10 10:50.21 - Post#2230667    

Every State and Territory in Australia as well as the Commonwealth (aka Australian Customs Service) has its own set of laws and regulations. To add to the confusion these are constantly getting changed and/or re-interpreted according to the flavour of the month. A group of us have only just formed Blade Tools Association of Australia to promote responsible knife use and collecting and to lobby politicians and the media to get some balance back into the equation. At this point of time we do not have legal recognition or our own website but this should all be in place over the next few weeks. Unfortunately, Australia has neither a Bill of
    Rights or a 2nd Amendment so we know we're in for a long hard slog.
    I'm paranoid only cause everyone's out to get me!

seniormcblade
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    10-21-10 11:44.42 - Post#2230681    

In response to antonio_luiz

antonio. off subject but is it true north australia got 80,000 crocks? seen it on ap last nite?. they make gator look like a joke.........and i wanted to know if you can eat them?

Leon_katarn
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    10-21-10 12:03.45 - Post#2230684    

In response to antonio_luiz

A little thing i'm quite curious about because of your nationality, i saw a guy selling a glock 81 feldmesser on eBay for AU$75 including false info in the ad. Is it very common with such high prices or is it just a nightmare example?

wstwood
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    10-23-10 10:56.55 - Post#2231415    

or a typo
    "When all other rights have been taken away, the right of rebellion is made perfect."

Thomas Paine.

Leon_katarn
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    10-23-10 11:18.31 - Post#2231421    

In response to wstwood

http://cgi.ebay.com/KSK-GERMAN-SPEC...

That's the ad. He lowered the price after i made an inquiry as to why he had written it in that way and why he charged that much.

wstwood
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    10-23-10 13:37.15 - Post#2231481    

KSK GERMAN SPECIAL FORCES GLOCK COMMANDO KNIFE SAS

this is his description.

It is just a bunch of words.

Is it german special forces?

Is it a glock commando knife or is it an SAS knife?

Looks pretty flaky to me. And as far as the saw back? Lose it!

Thomas Paine.

Leon_katarn
    Master Member KnifeNut!
    10-23-10 14:02.17 - Post#2231495    

In response to wstwood

"*GLOCK 81 COMMANDO FIGHTING KNIFE*"

They call it a feldmesser or field knife, which is a pretty accurate description.

"Continues unabated to dominate the world as the best Special Forces Commando Knife

issued to worlds most Elite fighting units."

This is just (Wash your Mouth out).

"Used by the SAS, GERMAN SF (KSK), U.S. SPECIAL FORCES & USAF PILOTS"

Made me laugh a bit right there, the Austrian army uses them.

"Made of highest grade steel by the famous Austrian Firearms Company Glock, who are well known for making the finest military and police firearms."

Yeeeeah right. It's made out of a medium-grade spring steel. Rather nice though as i've been able to shave with it.

"The Glock 81 Commando Fighting Knife was made by request of various Special Forces Units in Europe, and is now spreading into the Hands of the Elite around the Globe, as it is very light, super strong and rust resistant, ideal for Special Forces Divers, such as U.S. NAVY SEALS & SASR"

Rust resistant? It's carbon steel. People always recommend using some oil to keep the rust away from it and divers wouldn't come close to using it.

"The black handle & scabbard are made from the same though resistant polymers that their Hand Guns are legendary for, tested to the limits for strength and durability that can not be beat! in any type of condition or climate you can think of."

This is the only really true thing in the ad.

"The blade is Razor Sharp, coated with the same resistant material finish as their world famous Firearms, guaranteed not to wear plus non reflective."

Mine had a quite distinctive burr from the factory but a few strokes of a sharpening steel fixed that. The coating is not the same and will in fact come off rather easily if you scratch it against a stone or similar.

"The Model 81 Razor Sharpe Blade measures 6 3/8" or 16.5 CM, overall length is approx. 11 3/4" or 28.5CM "

It's not razor sharpe at all. Not unless you're willing to give it a few minutes with a whetstone.

All in all, i wouldn't trust this buyer one bit. It's not too difficult to just copy-paste the info from any review site to your ad.

Page 1 of 3 All123
    Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
    Print Topic

KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast
    KnifePromotions

arenaro@verizon.net

FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
    Execution time: 0.268 seconds.   Total Queries: 166   Zlib Compression is on.
    All times are (GMT-12.0). Current time is 03:13.30