Recent Pictures
thumb_1437916262-BE_5022_1_8.jpg
thumb_1437661832-235-Elk-n-Brass-D.jpg
thumb_1436632166-Defiant_Folders_1217.jpg
thumb_1436611786-image.jpg
thumb_1436477029-MVP_118e.jpg
thumb_1436464987-Svartkniv1.1.jpg
Current Quote
"And quit bringing up our forefathers and saying they were civil libertarians. Our founding fathers would have never tolerated any of this crap. For God's sake, they were blowing peoples' heads off because they put a tax on their breakfast beverage. And it wasn't even coffee."
~ Dennis Miller
321 Online Now
17 viewable users (
    ) and 0 hidden plus 304 guests are online now.
    Username Post: Titanium evelation Tanto        (Topic#907362)
    Ivan Campos
    Journeyman KnifeNut!
    07-20-11 04:41.13 - Post#2363494    

This was the first time I worked with thick titanium - this one is a little over 3/16" and struggled as it could to remain in the ti bar but after a quick learning curve on working with titanium (yes, I should have used the search button befofre starting it, not in the middle of the project!) the result is quite satisfactory.
    The knife - a version of my Revelation Tanto - is about 9 3/4" long overall and has a black g-10 handle with a still un-named but very cool texture pattern in it. I left part of the bar´s orginal finish on the blade surface and it made it very unique, its texture resembling a bit damascus steel, and although the color doesn´t show well in the pic, it is a burnt yellow with some purple and blue bleeding. The ground area is polished as well as the blade´s contour, wich is also textured all around it, including the g-10 slabs. No sheath yet but I´ll be working on one tomorrow. This one, as far as I know, is the first ti knife with tungsten carbide edge made in Brazil.
    And as there seems to be some controversy about the usefullnes of titanium blades, I am very sure this one will work for the intended purpose of a pure fighter. - you bet it will!

Ivan Campos
    http://www.ivancampos.net

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
    Print Topic

KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast
    KnifePromotions

arenaro@verizon.net

FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2015 InteractivePHP, Inc.
    Execution time: 0.274 seconds.   Total Queries: 46   Zlib Compression is on.
    All times are (GMT-12.0). Current time is 14:51.55