KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast
Username Post: Condor Bushlore first impressions
tcmault
01-26-12 16:21.51 - Post#2436101    

I just got both the Micarta and Wood today. The first thing I noticed was the micarta seemed to have a much better finish. The wood was not rough, but the rivets and lanyard holes were not that good at all. Some protrusion on the back rivet and the lanyard tube had obvious gaps. Plus, there was a knot/blemish in the wood next to one of the rivets. The tang was not as flush with the wood as it was on the Micarta. The Micarta was perfectly flush and all rivets very flush. There were not gaps between the scales and tang on either model.

Now interesting enough the wood blade was noticeable longer than the micarta version. Neither blade is very sharp. Not a big deal really. If I wasn't going to keep the convex it would take just seconds on something like a sharpmaker. These are my first convex and will use them to practice.

Also, the micarta handle is thicker than the wood and very noticeable when going in and out of the sheath. However, it feels much nicer in the hand. The weight difference is also very noticeable. Overall I am very glad I got the micarta version. The extra weight is nice and the finish is much better.

Now the questions becomes do I like the Micarta in the black sheath or the brown sheath more.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
KnifeForums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the knife enthusiast
KnifePromotions

arenaro@verizon.net

FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.283 seconds.   Total Queries: 38   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-12.0). Current time is 06:11.24